conra120

• Commented on First Borns are the Leaders, Babies of the Families the "Jokesters"?
    I don't agree with the video or the theory. It seems to me that the younger child always has more to prove. I am the youngest in a family of three boys and am the only one to complete college....
  • Commented on Not-So Prosocial Behavior
    I know how you feel, recently I saw a bicyclist on campus take a fall when he was rounding a corner and it was a hard one. I was a couple of hundred feet away and expected at least someone...
  • Commented on Urban Legends
    Urban legends are always fun and sometimes scary and almost always made up. What I mean by almost always is that sometimes when people here them that might get the idea that maybe they can play them out in order...
  • Commented on Dealing with anxiety-stricken parents
    I know how you feel, Psychology has helped me better understand things that my mother is going through related to Alzheimer's as well as depression that runs in my family. Knowing how the brain works and is effected gives me...
  • Commented on I'm not a Skeptic, I'm a Scientist!
    I agree with you that thinking scientifically about about things is very important to seeing the truth and understanding but also feel that sometimes everyone needs to be careful on how far they go. Scientific knowledge is always growing which...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    I totally understand the need to belong. When I first started at the U it was hard because often I was lonely, for me though it was mostly during the school day that I felt this way. I decided to...
  • Commented on IQ testing as a measure of job performance
    I agree IQ testing is only one of many considerations that should be used when hiring an employee. Also it should only take a central role when being used for jobs that require a high intellect. To hire someone only...
  • Commented on Lookin' Ahead to the Future
    I know how you feel, while I myself am going into education I think many of the things I have learned in class will be extremely helpful. Not only do I better understand how people think but it will also...
  • Posted What I Will Remember to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The thing I am probably most going to remember from Psychology is the effects different diseases have on the brain. My mother was diagnosed with memory problems most often related to Alzheimer's this past fall. While I already knew what...
  • Commented on Altruism: Inherent or Learned?
    I agree, I think if we really analyze why we help people at certain times most of us will come up with the conclusion that we felt guilt. We have been taught that helping is good and when we do...
  • Commented on Unconsciously Immoral?
    I agree with the last comment we all are born with certain morals that stop us from doing things like killing everyone around us. However much of what we consider immoral and moral are learned traits. There is a internal...
  • Commented on Homosexuals; should they be allowed to donate blood?
    Its completely ridiculous especially if the blood is tested. Its based on and old homophobic idea that has no grounds in science or human decency. The problem is that too many people believe it because so many others believe it....
  • Commented on The Young Guns
    I totally agree I don't think genetics has that much if anything to do with intelligence and personality based on birth order. As the youngest of three brothers I am actually the complete opposite of the hypothesis. To be honest...
  • Commented on Billy Madison
    This is an excellent example of the Big Five traits. However I also agree with the other commenter saying that Billy Madison is constantly changing throughout the movie he does not just go from being a drunk to deciding he...
  • Posted Will Discrimination Ever End? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    As someone who attended high school in a rural setting and then College in urban settings I have come to really appreciate the benefits of a diverse population. My high school was probably 90% white and it never bothered me,...
  • Commented on Homework v. Social and problem solving
    This is never an easy question to answer and for many people there is no answer. I would say it is up to every individual to decide when school or friendships are more important. If your friend is suffering help...
  • Commented on Violence and Video Games
    Agreed, if violent video games really caused people to be more violent there should be many more killers on the loose. Like everybody else here has said people who act on violence in movies and games tend to have a...
  • Commented on Kohlberg's Moral Dilemmas--Breaking Bad
    I love this comparison. I have been a fan of Breaking Bad since it first began and am sad to here that the upcoming season will be the last one. This is an interesting dilemma I agree that what Walt...
  • Commented on facial emotions
    I don't know if I agree. I definitely think that forcing a smile does have the ability of improving a persons mood but think it also depends on a persons temperament. A person that has a more positive outlook is...
  • Commented on Just a fad?
    I also agree that having a positive view on life can actually help a persons well being but am skeptical that it can have a huge impact on many aspects of a person's life. I tend to agree with the...
  • Posted Alzheimer's a growing disease to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Alzheimer's effects over 35 million people worldwide. The disease currently has no known cure and people that have it can lose all of their mental faculties over time. In a Special report for Reuters Julie Steenhuysen discusses the difficulty in...
  • Commented on Is being a supertaster really 'super'?
    I totoally agree, I dont think it would be all that super. It has to be really difficult for the 25% of the population that has this problem. Having to many taste buds would be a nightmare. Just imagine all...
  • Commented on Dolphins Training Other Dolphins
    I find this subject very interesting because of the fact that dolphins are teaching other dolphins. Will the wild dolphins continue to perform the tricks taught to them in the future or will there be an extinction event. Also what...
  • Commented on Environment or Genetics? The ADHD conflict continues
    I both disagree and agree with your blog entry. As some one who was diagnosed with ADD before it was delegated to just ADHD I have seen the whole debate play out. I definitely believe ADHD is often mis-diagnosed and...
  • Commented on Nature vs. nurture; is it logical to choose one over the other?
    Yeah I totally agree I think nurture is the bigger of the two but both have an effect. I cannot compare in the adoption sense but when I was 14 my father passed away, recently I have seen some videos...
  • Posted My eyes did not tell the whole story to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 4 deals with the human senses, and how they can be misleading in how we perceive the world around us. We trust our senses to interpret the world, but sometimes they give us the wrong readings or fill in...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from conra120