pete8983

• Commented on Who is smarter? Men or women?
    Men are better than women at some things and women are smarter than men at some things. Since the world is like this I would say you can't argue either sex is smarter. Each side has its strengths and weaknesses....
  • Commented on The Powers of Persuasion
    I think there are some people that can persuade people in good ways but then there are those who do it more negatively. Those who can do it in a positive way I see as individuals who can be good...
  • Commented on You just can't be as smart as your sisters and brothers
    When it comes to birth order there are many topics with many answers and answers left to be found. In terms of IQ I don't know how big of a difference birth order can make. Studies show that the first...
  • Commented on What I Will Remember
    When it comes to different diseases in the brain this class was very helpful. My grandma had Alzheimer's and my mom would talk about it and I wouldn't really understand. Now after taking this course though and thinking back on...
  • Commented on What I'll Remember
    I agree with you, thinking about your future five years down the line and settling down with someone. The couple pages on love will be something I won't forget either. To find the right person you would want to take...
  • Commented on A World of Grays
    Psychology for me has been difficult for this reason. Straight answers and definitions are what I like and is easier for me to learn. When in lecture they said life is just one big "grey area" it was hard for...
  • Commented on DS Memory - Caffeine
    I want to see more about this topic. I see there is a study out there that has come up with this conclusion but I would want to see more evidence for the case before I believe it. Memory loss...
  • Commented on Alcohol vs. Food
    I think you have a very valid point here. While eating fast food a lot isn't a crime at all it is still something that can be bad for you. You can see it in society today that the problems...
  • Posted What I will remember about Psych to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I think the subject that I will remember most from this psychology class is memory. I found it interesting how the mind works and how we remember things. I never knew how much there is to our memory, there are...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Female and Male
    I like what the guy above me said, being a guy I want to prove this wrong in a way. Now I do agree women probably put more effort into choosing a mate but that doesn't mean that men don't...
  • Commented on What is love? Baby don't hurt me...
    I also found the few pages about love interesting. The triangle concept was something I have never seen before but when I checked it out I really agreed with it. Finding all three of the categories in a relationship is...
  • Commented on Homosexuals; should they be allowed to donate blood?
    I think that is just crazy. There is absolutely no reason why he should not be allowed to. This is a good example of how discrimination can just be plan stupid sometimes. If I were you I would be very...
  • Commented on The Young Guns
    I am the oldest in my family and I think it leads to some unique challenges. For example you are basically your parents' human guinea pig. Everything you go through is the first for them as well. I think the...
  • Commented on The Young Guns
    I am a first born and from personal experience I think as myself as my parents guinea pig. Everything that I did was the first for me and my parents. Because of this I do feel like strive for achievement...
  • Posted Urban Legends to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Since I missed my discussion on social psychology I've decided to look into urban legends and see what they are all about. There are many urban legends out there on just about any topic. It is fun to read through...
  • Posted Big 5 Personality test to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Since I missed our discussion about personality, I decided to take a personality test online and look at those results. I found one that is directly connected to the "Big 5" that we read about this week. The test consisted...
  • Posted Famous IQ's to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Something I found interesting from the readings was the table with some president's and their IQ's. It was interesting to me to see some numbers for famous people. Now I wish in knew my IQ so I could compare, but...
  • Commented on Not All Group Members are Lazy
    I think communication is big no matter what you are talking about. Whether its a group project, family situations, or a couple in a relationship. Communicating is never really a negative, in fact I think that more times than not...
  • Commented on Killer Math Problems
    I always have that feeling that the homework questions don't match up with the actual test. I can do the homework without much problem at all and then the test comes along and I struggle. It is hard to overcome...
  • Posted Dolphins Training Other Dolphins to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I decided to look up some cool things animals have been trained to do. In doing so I discovered this article that talks about how one dolphin taught other dolphins tricks in the wild. The one dolphin was in captivating...
  • Commented on Got Sleep?
    Being the college student I am this was a good article to read. My sleep cycle isn't as dramatic as the one above but I can still relate to it in a way. I have to wake up early for...
  • Commented on Sidewalk Illusions
    I have always wanted to see one of these in real life. The artist is playing mind games with your brain using different shades and shadows. It really does look like it is 3-D and it takes a moment to...
  • Commented on The Boy with Cat Eyes
    As cool as it would be to see in the dark the price he has to pay far outweighs that. Having to deal with what he has to deal with in his everyday life would be too much of a...
  • Commented on Chapter 9 - The Flynn Effect
    I'm a big fan of technology playing a role in my education. I love using my ipad and looking things up in class when I don't understand what the teacher said. That is a small example but it still shows...
  • Commented on Acetycholine- finding a cure to Alzheimer's?
    It is an interesting idea, we can slow symptoms but we can't prevent it. I have the same questions as you, how can this be? I have no clue on the matter but I'm guessing that if there is a...
  • Posted Blog #1- Chapter 7 to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 7 focuses on our memories. What we remember from the past and to what detail we can remember certain things. Research shows that we are often more accurate than you would think. There are several tests confirming that our...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from pete8983