rade0154

• Posted Final Project! to Food & Design
    We began our process by brainstorming and research as well as collaboration with other classmates for inspiration. Our first attempt at brainstorming was a shared google doc and individual research. We came up with quite a few ideas and many...
  • Posted Product & Space to Food & Design
    For this project I decided to do brainstorming in a few different rounds so I could narrow down the scope of what I was trying to create. First thing was to come up with a list of problems I had...
  • Posted Plate as a canvas to Food & Design
  • Posted Project 2: amuse bouche to Food & Design
  • Posted Dish Innovation Challenge to Food & Design
    After much googling, I realized that making the orzo sweet was the way I wanted to go with my dish. It seemed to be the least common way to serve/prepare it. While researching down that path I noticed a...
  • Posted Make up for emotion discussion to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The Dark Knight is one of my favorite movies (it's not better than Batman Begins, despite what some say say). While I was watching it the other day I realized how closely the Joker's social experiment could be related back...
  • Posted WELP. DEES IZ IT to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The most interesting part about this class was learning about how I work as a person. I've learned a lot of valuable things that help me understand why I do what I do and can maybe help curb some not...
  • Commented on Famous IQ's
    I found this post to be quite thought provoking. When you think of the qualities that make a good leader, I think it is quite necessary to have one that isn't at the top of the intellectual capacity. A leader...
  • Commented on Sparked Interest
    I definitely agree with you on this one. I think that was the best part of coming to college for me. I got to meet so many different people and while we are all here we all have our different...
  • Commented on Cultures and Psychiatric Diagnoses
    I agree with you completely. I think that a lot of the reason that western society has a lot of psychological problems is the fact that life has simply become way too easy. We are a culture that is obsessed...
  • Commented on Learning About What to Ignore
    This is completely true but I try not to over analyze because then a lot of the magic is ruined when it comes to every day life! Sometimes it isn't actually fun to know how everything works. For example, I...
  • Commented on When do we actually become aware of our conscious?
    I also think this subject is very interesting, it's really crazy to think about the fact that there was a time when we didn't know who we are. It's also weird to think about the fact that the only proof...
  • Commented on IQ testing as a measure of job performance
    IQ scores can be valuable at times but it's really important to see everything that someone can do. Intelligence is obviously important but so are social skills and work ethic which are things that can't be measured by a test...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    While I do agree with you that the need to belong is based on a biological drive to create interpersonal connections I don't that it's the entire picture. I am the type of person who is perfectly content being alone...
  • Commented on Lookin' Ahead to the Future
    I agree with you in the light that psychology can play a huge role in marketing and advertising, but have you ever considered any moral boundaries in exploiting these theories in aims of profit? Association of strong stimuli with a...
  • Commented on And Let There Be Light! Ho Ho Ho
    I took a class a few semesters ago called Creative Problem Solving and the entire point of the class is basically to overcome functional fixedness and eliminate social schema that we may have. The class required us to do something...
  • Commented on La beauté de parler deux langues!
    I think that it should be a personal choice whether or not someone learns a second language but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be highly encouraged in schools. It's a great skill to have and is necessary in a...
  • Commented on Retail Buying and Psychology
    I'm also a retail merchandising major! And I totally agree that psychology is relevant in the retail environment but I din't really think that this class will be beneficial at any job I have in the future. While it's interesting...
  • Commented on Eugenics- Make up blog for the discussion section on Intelligence
    The section on the eugenics movement in the book also caught my attention because of how completely ridiculous it was. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that this happened here in the U.S. and lasted for almost...
  • Posted Altruism: Inherent or Learned? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    After the reading the chapter on Social Psychology there was one thing that stuck with me the most: is there such a thing as genuine altruism? First off I would like to define it as the book does, "in some...
  • Commented on What Divorce Does to Kids
    I agree with the above comments for the most part. I was really young when my parents separated and the negative effects were definitely not the reason for any negative emotional effects, it was allowing me to see the conflict...
  • Commented on Beauty Standards as Reflection of the Society
    I'm not sure if I think the historical aspect is exactly true because the type of historical event that the person was involved in is not being held constant. Many more men than women are remembered in history for the...
  • Commented on Violence and Video Games
    I definitely agree with you on this one. When we watched the video in class about the children's playtime activities after they had watched Power Rangers and Barney. In both cases the children were not heavily supervised afterwards which I...
  • Commented on Killer Math Problems
    This is a very interesting post and it seems like a lot of people can relate to it, including me. I'm not exactly sure if these kind of learning barriers such as salience of surface similarities are just things that...
  • Posted otnemeM to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Memento is a movie that came out in 2000 starring Guy Pearce. Guy plays a character name Leonard that is trying to avenge the murder of his wife. The movie can be a bit confusing to follow at times because...
  • Commented on Get "noticeably different skin!" Or not...
    These types of commercials get me every time. Obviously I don't go buy every 'miracle' product that I see a commercial for but I do have to admit that it's fun to believe that there might be a product out...
  • Commented on When I count to ten, you will bark like a dog
    While personally hypnosis is not one the things that I've always believed to be true (it just seems to be a bit far-fetched), I understand where you're coming from. Without having actually experienced something it's very hard to avoid believing...
  • Commented on Inattentional Blindness
    This was really interesting to me and it made me wonder what kind if things I have missed in my life. If I apply something like this to my life it begs the question, how often do I miss really...
  • Commented on Got Sleep?
    I thought this post was very interesting. I think it would be very interesting to do experiments to see if there actually were any negative effects involved with these sleep cycles. I can't imagine it would be a very fun...
  • Posted Chapter 8- Language, Thinking, and Reasoning to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The first part of the chapter focuses completely on language. I think the most interesting part about language are the four levels of analysis that make up language and the metaphors they use to make it more understandable.The first are...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rade0154