vanhe024

• Commented on Way to Happiness
    I think that there is potential for positive psychology to have an impact on the views of psychologists and the treatment they decide to use on their patients/clients, but I think there has to be more research with valid findings...
  • Commented on Dev Mozart Effect
    Maybe the true difference here is the state that the music puts the participant in before performing the task at hand. The music may relax the person and cause them to do better on more complex tasks, therefore giving the...
  • Commented on Which lineup is better?
    I agree with you. I have had to identify suspects from a line-up before and it is very difficult, especially if there has been a substantial amount of time between when the actual crime was committed and when the line-up...
  • Commented on Alcohol vs. Food
    Though I think you have a great argument, the real issue with government sanctions on eating, is that it would be very difficult to enforce. Just think of all the regulations set forth on establishments that sell or distribute alcohol,...
  • Commented on DS Memory - Caffeine
    I'm am going to go ahead and believe that this could lead to a breakthrough in treatment of people with memory loss because from personal experience, I too remember more things from lecture if I have had a substantial dose...
  • Commented on University of Minnesota
    I think it is interesting how closely related the eugenics movement is with animal breeding principles. The University of Minnesota was also one of the front runners in the country doing research on genetics and reproductive science of animals in...
  • Commented on COG Make-up DS: Sexsomnia
    This does sound very interesting, but I'm not sure how the criminal justice system could differentiate sexsomnia, from sexual assault. I'd like to do a little more research on the case mentioned and see how the court made their decision...
  • Commented on Mentalists - The Masters of Memory, Sensory, and Perception
    I would also like to know the heritability of exceptional memory or what genes are involved in developing a photographic memory. I have always enjoyed the TV shows that involve characters with photographic memories or innate abilities to read people...
  • Commented on Make-up Sensation and Perception/Research methods-Tupac hologram
    Brad Paisley used this same illusion at his concert when he was singing "Remind Me" featuring Carrie Underwood and everyone, including myself, thought that he had brought in Carrie Underwood just to perform one song every night for his tour....
  • Commented on DS Make-up: SOC- Blue v. Brown
    I completely agree! I am a firm believer that government programs and company policy cannot effectively create an equal opportunity workplace. It is up to the citizens from top to bottom to create a prejudice/discrimination free society whether it be...
  • Posted Responsibility diffusion on metro transit to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I think that one of the things that will stick with me after this semester is the concept of responsibility diffusion. I commute to the U every day from Champlin, so I spend a little more than 2 hours on...
  • Commented on Social Loafing
    I totally agree with you and from experience it is very frustrating. Social loafing is just a part of life that most people who are motivated enough to do more than their share of the work for the greater good...
  • Posted Entry #3 "Hurry Up and Wait" to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I can definitely relate to the management techniques used in the U.S. that are sometimes ridiculed by other countries because of the quickness of the decision made. In the military there is a saying that we practically live by: "Hurry...
  • Commented on The Importance of Understanding Personality
    I think a great use of personality analysis is in interviewing prospective associates for a job opening! What a great way to predict how well someone will assimilate into the preexisting team or how well they will perform in many...
  • Commented on What i Will remember in 5 years
    I think it is interesting how "kind behavior" like opening doors for strangers, smiling, or saying hi to a stranger walking down the street is common in Minnesota, but from my experience, it is not as common in some other...
  • Commented on What I will remember not to forget
    I totally agree. I can't help but identify deficiencies in the concepts of scientific methods while watching the news or reading articles in magazines. It's amazing how poorly some of the claims that the news or magazines make without any...
  • Posted Budweiser Advertisement Analysis to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I have always been a fan of Budweiser beer commercials, especially those that are aired during the Super Bowl. Usually my favorite ads are funny, but as I browsed through ads on Google, I noticed that there is a very...
  • Commented on Dealing with anxiety-stricken parents
    I am somewhat familiar to a similar situation. After serving in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan, I developed a panic disorder which effected my everyday anxiety levels and prior to my diagnosis I had a very hard time dealing with...
  • Commented on Unconsciously Immoral?
    I also find this topic to be very interesting and I would like to dive into a little more research on Freud's concept of the id, ego and superego and their effect on people with psychotic tendencies. It seems that...
  • Commented on "Oh, my, God. Becky, look at her butt."
    I believe that the media plays a big role in what is considered attractive, but I also think that many of us are somewhat disgusted by the high fashion stick figures that are deemed models because of the fact that...
  • Commented on Just a fad?
    I think that there are many ways that promoting a positive outlook on life can enhance a persons life in both general happiness and productivity, but I also think this sounds dangerously close to a "pseudoscience." Although the idea is...
  • Commented on Homosexuals; should they be allowed to donate blood?
    I agree that this is discrimination. The sad thing is: I was taught in my high school health class that homosexual males had a higher risk of contracting HIV. They were grouped together in a high risk group that included...
  • Commented on Gender Neutral - Sasha Laxton Defies Stereotypes
    I think that the parents in this article have done a great job of embracing the pro's of raising a child without surrounding him/her with gender stereotypes and creating a unrestricted learning environment, but I don't know if they truly...
  • Posted Blog #1 Psychological Disorders to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    When I was first assigned chapter 15 in our textbook, I was a little disappointed that it was so deep into our required reading, but when I opened up my book and started reading I was pleasantly surprised. I was...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from vanhe024