dunn0384

• Commented on The New Me
    The connectedness was something I also didn't see in hip hop before this class. I think that instead of being something oppositional, it really has the power to pul people together over issues, oppression and activism....
  • Posted The New (Hip Hop) Me. to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    Signing up for this class, already two weeks into the semester, due to scheduling and other class conflicts, I walked in on the first day expecting Pop Culture Women, where I figured we'd apply feminism to current media and public...
  • Commented on Same Love
    Love me some Macklemore! And I love that he really has been an advocate of same sex marriage. Also, having Mary Lambert, a gay artist, sing the hook here was a great touch. I also really like that you bring...
  • Posted Issues of Global Youth to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    In my opinion, one of the biggest issues facing global youth is apathy, complacency and a very individualistic and selfish attitude. I think the rugged individualism of the "American Dream" is something that has taken hold in much of today's...
  • Posted International Hip-Hop to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    When I read this prompt I was initially stumped. I've only been seriously listening to hip-hop for the past year or two, and within that time I've mostly listened to local or independent artists from around here, and a few...
  • Posted Hip Hop Feminism and the Twin Cities to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    A few weeks ago I would have thought that the words hip hop feminism could be in no way functionally and honestly combined. When I first think of connecting the two, the immediate image that comes to mind is of...
  • Posted Relating to Hip Hop to Sex, Politics, and Global Hip Hop
    My past with hip hop is minimal at best. I grew up in smaller towns south of the cities, lived in the country, showed horses, and spent thirteen years in 4H. I had no experience or real understanding of...
  • Commented on DS Makeup- PER
    I've absolutely found myself doing this as well, especially at work. Work is just the perfect place to assess people because I generally work with the same people so I get to see if they act consistently or not. I...
  • Commented on Operant Conditioning to Make My Future Students Successful
    This is awesome that you are already thinking of ways to get students engaged. Not nearly enough teachers think like this. I also found a lot of things in this class that I would like to apply to teaching, outside...
  • Commented on Game show winners are not as smart as we think
    I'd never thought about Jeopardy this way, but it does make sense. I think that it's likely that someone who wins jeopardy and knows a lot of trivia is intelligent, as it would take intelligence to retain mass amounts of...
  • Commented on Abnormal is normal
    I also found this very interesting as I think everyone does because almost everyone comes into contact with it at some point. I pent the summer living with someone with really bad bipolar who wasn't being treated and this opened...
  • Commented on Blog 2: What about animal training?
    This is very, very true. I train horses and Operant conditioning plays a huge part. It's a but different with horses as opposed to dogs, because horses need more punishment than dogs. Because of their size, horses pose a higher...
  • Commented on Memory: What happens when we reconstruct our past?
    It's kind of terrifying how much our mind can "fill in the blanks." It makes me question a lot of memories from when I was younger as well as wondering how I can accurately deduce what's 100% true and what...
  • Commented on Make-up Sensation and Perception/Research methods-Tupac hologram
    This was so cool. Great Youtube videos of the whole deal. You could barely tell he wasn't real until Snoop came out....
  • Commented on DS Make-Up: Psychological Treatments
    This definitely brings up an interesting point. I know that people with a Masters in Social Work can be therapists but I'm unsure if they have to have licensure as well. Maybe it's state by state?...
  • Posted Blog #4- 5 Years Time to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    There were a lot of lessons in psychology that are applicable in everyday life now, and will be in the future. When thinking about the concepts we talk about in discussion and lecture, I often to relate them to...
  • Commented on thinking and verbal communication
    I completely agree. I think it's simplistic and arrogant to think that we're the only one's really thinking because we have a complex and finessed language. Just because animal's thought processes are simpler than ours doesn't mean they're non existant....
  • Commented on Responsibility diffusion on metro transit
    I see this allllllll the time on Metro transit! I think it's so important when it's someone elderly or physically struggling, as well as when you can see people struggling with children or things to carry. It always shocks me...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    I think we all worry about that, as we all end up stretching ourselves so thin for time. I know I do anyway with woking 25 hours a week, volunteering, TAing a freshman seminar as well as taking a full...
  • Commented on IQ testing as a measure of job performance
    I think that while IQ is a good factor to include and consider in hiring it's not the only thing that should be evaluated. While it could be a good indicator of things to come I think there are a...
  • Commented on Blog #1 Psychological Disorders- Have We Really Come All That Far?
    We have a state and society that have been shaped around a norm, and an ideal citizen. Until the state chooses to recognize and give full citizenship to everyone outside of the white, heteronormative, fully abled approach, equality is impossible....
  • Commented on REM sleep: CON DS make-up
    I think that we can conclude that sleep, REM sleep in particular, is an extremely important aspect of survival. I think it would be interesting to also see if the time of day someone sleeps has an effect on their...
  • Commented on Entry #3 "Hurry Up and Wait"
    I would say that the "Hurry up and wait" saying is relative in most professions in that efficiency is the goal in every professional setting. Once you are done with your training then we truly do hurry up and wait...
    Although I don't disagree with you, I would just like to point out that we live in a first come first serve society. Many people don't take into consideration the comfort of other passengers or how their actions could impact...
  • Posted INT DS Make-up: Intelligence to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Intelligence and IQ were something I hadn't thought much about before reading the chapter. There sere several things the chapter pointed out that I found interesting. I had heard the nature v. nurture debate on IQ/Intelligence but had never...
  • Commented on Do Animals Talk?
    I think you've made an incredibly interesting personal distinction between your personal definitions of language and communication. The way I see it, all species communicate using a language. Communication is a verb to me and language is the noun. Even...
  • Commented on Chp. 5 Consciousness
    I don't experience this often but I do occasionally when I get to sleep in. I'll half wake up, even enough to check my phone and the time, and then be able to fall right back into my dream. it...
  • Commented on Ch 11: Emotions and Motivation
    I agree that it's important for everyone to realize that there aren't certain "things" that will make us happy, whether it be money or moving to the west coast, or having a nice car. I think it's important for everyone...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dunn0384