stae0038

• Posted nuh nuh nuhhhhhh nuh, SCIENCE! to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Through my experiences in Psychology 1001 this semester, as well as a keen interest in Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science," it is likely that I am most apt to remember the six Scientific Thinking Principles. From chapter 1...
  • Commented on Is IQ Everything?
    I agree with you that IQ can be a good predictor of job performance, however, IQ cant be the only factors being measured by employers during the hiring process. So many other factors come into play, such as past experience...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    I think the discussion on how much parents effect their children is a great topic to look over. As a child I know I looked up to my parents and made decision based on what my dad did. If my...
  • Commented on Resisting Triggers
    I honestly think the only thing that can cure addicts is supervision and time. Although scientists may come up with pills and other drugs that addicts could possibly take to reduce the need for addicts to use their drug, this...
  • Commented on Straying Away From the Norm of the Nuclear Family
    Cool post, I've always been interested in how growing up and developing in different environments/settings affects children. I think it would be very hard for any scientific research to point at one major point over the other, and i really...
  • Commented on "What is Beautiful is Good"
    I think the subject varies from job to job. Obviously in some jobs where you are looking for someone to advertise or display your products/ideas/etc. a more attractive person generally is more appealing to other businesses thus resulting in more...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    I like your stance on obesity being our society's fault. In American culture, bigger is generally better. However as portion sizes continue to grow at an alarming rate, our society is also providing less information on health issues related to...
  • Commented on Stupid Diets
    Actually laughed out loud when I saw this ad. Haha as unfortunate as it is that people likely believed and purchased this magic soap, you can't not admire the humor today. However, the last part of your piece poses an...
  • Commented on You Look So Good in Those Genes
    Interesting post! In a society where discrimination of race, age, sex, religion and culture is already easily visible, this is just another way our society may be able to put labels on people. Though I am (and Im sure most...
  • Commented on "Just trying to fit in..."
    Great post, couldn't agree more with you on the subject. As I reminisce on my middle school years, I can recall that people really started to form the first sorts of cliques, and people, particularly females, started to get a...
  • Commented on Love to Work Out
    I agree that working in groups definitely has it's perks, but it also has some disadvantages as well. I completely agree that working together in some scenarios lends way for members to push their teammates to achieve a better end...
  • Commented on Understanding the Real Truth
    I couldn't agree more with you on this topic. Too many people in our society see something on tv or read an article in a magazine and immediately believe because someone says they are an "expert." Too many people assume...
  • Commented on The Final Push
    Interesting post, I also have found myself in similar situation, where time after time I fail and look online, check the back of the book, ask friends, and no one can seem to help. On those long study sessions we...
  • Commented on Give me food and water
    Love the Big Daddy reference. But I beleive the attachment will always exist between parents and children, even when we become older and start our own families. The connection between parents and their children is one of the most powerful...
  • Posted Multiple Intelligences: Zack Greinke to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Playing professional sports is what many youngsters aspire to be when they grow up. Zack Greinke was fortunate enough to be one of the kids that made his dreams a reality. Currently pitching for the Milwaukee Brewers, Greinke brought...
  • Commented on Sweet and Spice and Everything Nice!
    This topic of how to create a "normal" child is very intriguing. Unlike you, I was raised in a two parent household, however similar to you I have rarely gotten into fights or in trouble. Your final sentence hits the...
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    Great question to end a brilliant post. When I think of what this ad says about our culture and how we advertise, two words pop into my head: sex and humor. We see Kim in a commercial eating something, wearing...
  • Commented on I Got A Gut Feeling...
    Interesting post. I completely agree with the belief that gut instincts generally lead to positive outcomes. However, every once in a while we can trick ourselves into a sticky situation as well. This post reminds me of the availability heuristic....
  • Commented on The Call of the Wild
    Whenever I see something on animal communication, I always think of the movie UP, where the dogs can speak human language. How convenient would that be! By examining any animal (even my dog for example), there is a definite form...
  • Commented on Monkey Say, Monkey Do?
    Very interesting post! I agree, that grammar rules (which are lame anyways), distinct words, and symbols do not need to be in a form of communication to consider it language. Even from the book when we learned about babies "babbling,"...
  • Commented on My Memory of Running Away?
    Childhood memories are hilarious! As a child, my family and I went camping up in norther Wisconsin every summer and I remember it very vividly, what I remember as a flashbulb memory. But as our book says, flashbulb memories can...
  • Commented on Let's Go Up. Or Down?
    Interesting blog post, I find it very interesting how perception and illusion in the mind works, and how artists are able to manipulate our world. The first thing I thought about are the 'Penrose Steps' described in the movie 'Inception'....
  • Posted Brett Favre...Halo Effect Gone Wrong to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Brett Favre was regarded by many as "The Savior to Green Bay" after his first season with the Packers in 1992, leading the Pack to a 9-7 record and earning his first Pro Bowl appearance. The following 2 seasons...
  • Posted Bandwagoners: Depart Now to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Aaron Rodgers is a stud. Plain and simple. Over the past few years, he has overcome all the "Favre" hype, brought the Packers to the top of the NFL, and unfortunately, made the Packers a team for band wagoners...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stae0038

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page