bauma275

• Commented on Mind Power
    The human brain is truly a remarkable thing that should not be underestimated. It is so vast and complex tat we do not yet understand it completely. I feel like there is a lot of danger in the human brain,...
  • Commented on nuh nuh nuhhhhhh nuh, SCIENCE!
    I agree that these principles of thinking were very helpful. They are very useful in determining good psychological studies from bad ones. I also think that they apply to many aspects of daily life....
  • Commented on Clowns are scary
    I shudder whenever I see a clown. I really dislike them, but I would not say I have a phobia about them. What I find most interesting about your post is the mention of genetics on phobias. This is very...
  • Commented on We cannot always deny, dismiss, or distort
    I agree that the confirmation bias is very intriguing and applies well to daily life. I think that this, the confirmation bias, and many other logical fallacies, have to do with how much confidence we put in ourselves and the...
  • Commented on That's What Makes You Beautiful
    I definitely agree that this topic was very insightful It proved that some of the keystone opinions that we have as individuals of different countries and cultures truly depends on those country's and culture's opinions. I think that it all...
  • Commented on what will bring to me in the next five years
    I remember watching that video and being shocked at how that model could live such a lifestyle. I personally am not underweight in the least and struggle with being on the borderline of being overweight, so it was nice for...
  • Commented on Psychological Disorder Terminology
    I really appreciate your wisdom here. I did not know about some of the terms you mentioned. I think all of us need to pay a little more attention to this kind of stuff because it is very important and...
  • Posted Psychological Aspect of Conformity to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One thing in this class I really picked up on was conformity. I am a PSEO student and I remember seeing people conform all the time in high school. I have always been interested in how personalities or answers change...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    I really find these kinds of studies fascinating. My mother is in a family of six and the oldest is definitely the most wild and crazy, but the second child is probably the most studious and scholarly. I am an...
  • Commented on six F.R.I.E.N.D.S and the big five
    Gotta love Friends right? Anyways, I really like how you gave everyone a distinct big five trait that is prevalent throughout the series. What I think is funny about this, is how even though everyone in Friends has these distinct...
  • Commented on Skin and bones is beautiful?
    I remember high school health very vividly. It was full of discussion on eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa and bulemia. I always get really sad when I see friends or people trying to be too skinny. I think the...
  • Commented on Unborn Baby Geniuses
    I think that a lot of the early developmental stages of life is so unexplored that we do not really know how music or english will affect the fetus's brain or development. Maybe hearing just words themselves helps the baby's...
  • Commented on Not Everyone Wants to be Skinny
    It truly is unbelievable how different cultures have so many different mindsets, whether it's politics, religion, or physical appearance. I think that wherever your body is healthiest at is where it should be. Women shouldn't be too heavy or too...
  • Posted Love the Way You Lie to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    When I read the pages about lying in the textbook I was intrigued about all the different techniques that have been attempted in order to create the perfect lie detector. It would no doubt be a useful skill to be...
  • Commented on Sweet and Spice and Everything Nice!
    Your article raises very good points. There really is no "perfect" environment that every child should grow up in. It is simply how the child is raised within that enviroment. Personally i grew up in a two-parent environment, but I...
  • Commented on Problem Solving: A Somewhat Tricky Task
    When I first looked at this I realized I was experiencing mental set as well. I just assumed that what I was doing was correct just because it was how I approached similar problems, always starting with a diagonal line....
  • Commented on Internet Perception
    I think that you bring up a lot of interesting points about how much thought webdesigners actually put into websites. It is almost like they are creating an ad, trying to locate a target audience and fit the visual aspects...
  • Commented on Don't Forget about Alzheimer's Disease! Jenny Kinzler
    I have personal family experience with this disease and it is a much bigger detriment to those it affects than most people think. My Grandma had it for over six years and had to move into our house. She broke...
  • Commented on Mosquito Ringtone
    I think we all have had a funny classroom experience with this "Teen Buzz" sometime or another. I also ind this interesting and wonder how this works biologically. is there something different about my inner ear then my parents? I...
  • Commented on Hypnotic Psychology?
    Hypnosis to me used to seem kind of outrageous. To think that an outside force could control the human mind. It was always just something that you could see one hundred times on TV, but still never believe. I saw...
  • Posted What Does the Difference in Conciousness Between Waking and Sleeping Tell us About Ourselves? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    This portion of the video is what I found particularly interesting because it answers a question that we have all asked ourselves many times. Why do I feel like a different person while I am sleeping? Why do I dream...
  • Commented on Is that Post-Workout Protein Shake really helping?
    I think that protein shakes are very beneficial when taken the correct way. Obviously there are issues with anything that you can put into your body when that substance is taken in an excessive amount. Protein shakes also have different...
  • Commented on How much should you work out in a week?
    Like so many of the previous comments have pointed out, maintaining a healthy diet is possibly more important. However, there are people who do not eat healthy, but exercise a lot and end up perfectly healthy as well. I think...
  • Posted Blog Entry #1: Chapter 3 to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The chapter that I think I will find the most interesting in the textbook is chapter three because it imports the biological aspect of psychology. To some, psychology seems to be mostly a mental science that deals strictly with how...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bauma275

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page