brow1883

• Commented on Clowns are scary
    I also have a friend with a fear of clowns. The topic of phobias is so interesting, as they vary so greatly. It amuses me that some people can be deathly afraid of things a large majority of society looks...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    As much as I'd like to think that I would never conform to experiments such as that in the Asch study, after seeing the results from this specific study, it is much harder to believe. You can see how uncomfortable...
  • Commented on I will not give in!
    I agree with your post, this was also one of the most interesting points of psychology 1001 to me. The video we watched in discussion lab especially stands out to me. I could not believe the number of people who...
  • Posted Just how often are we classically conditioned on an average day? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One of topics that really stood out to me is classical conditioning, it is a part of psychology that I definitely will not be forgetting five years from now. Before taking this class, of course I knew the story of...
  • Commented on You Look So Good in Those Genes
    Very interesting post! It is crazy to think how far scientists have came with their studies genetics today. Like you mentioned, also a little scary. I really don't think that it will ever go so far to determining your possibility...
  • Commented on It's you, not me
    Very interesting point, it really makes you think about the position the book takes on beauty. Is beauty unified amongst different cultures? I don't know. I have never really thought about the topic of beauty this way. However, the more...
  • Commented on Stupid Diets
    I am not surprised by the stupidity of this diet advertisement, but am surprised that dieting was such a prominent issue during these times. I thought it was a topic that is somewhat new, coming along with the rising obesity...
  • Commented on Is IQ Everything?
    This was a very interesting chapter and I agree with your position on this topic. With such a high correlation between IQ and job performance, one would think this measure would be used more. I think it could help predict...
  • Commented on Love to Work Out
    Enhancement of performance is something we, as college students, work especially hard at every day. We are constantly finding new ways to study, exercise, etc. that will make us better. I have also found myself to be more motivated and...
  • Commented on The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree
    Addictions are a scary topic. Especially because, as you mentioned, nobody wants to be addicted, but they can take over and completely control you. The worst part is that they are extremely hard to break. As genetics are definitely part...
  • Commented on 3D Sounds
    Wow! That is crazy. Thanks for sharing the video. When closing your eyes while listening to it, it really does make it come alive. So strange. I have gone to many 3D shows before, but have never experienced this "3D...
  • Commented on The Social World We Live In.
    This is very true. I also wrote about a similar topic in one of my blogs. I believe that we all have a strong "need to belong" feeling. I think this especially peaks during middle school ages. However, it is...
  • Commented on Are the overhead lights in my office going to kill me?
    The topic of stress is also very interesting to me. It is something that we all live with for our entire lives. I am always looking for ways to help control stress and to why it exists so much more...
  • Commented on Could Vaccines be to Blame?
    There have been many studies done that show absolutely no correlation between autism and vaccinations. There is strong evidence against vaccinations causing autism. However, I believe that people will continue believing this until an exact cause of the disorder are...
  • Commented on SleepWalking-Valid Arguement in Trial
    Sleepwalking is a very fascinating subject. I personally have never, as far as I know, slept walk; however, I have friends and a sibling who have seen sleepwalking before. Without been awakened, sleepwalkers can do some pretty crazy things. However,...
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    I believe that this advertisement is going overboard, along with a large majority of other advertisements today. Sex has became a center motivation for all different products of advertising. We see it everywhere from food to perfume to cars. We...
  • Commented on My Memory of Running Away?
    False memory is such an eerie topic. It is hard to get grasp on the fact that we somehow make ourselves remember experiences that never happened. Your story is very interesting, and I also remember bringing up things to my...
  • Commented on What drives you
    I agree with your post. I really did not realize that so much of this motivation was negative reinforcements until reading more about it. However, when I sat down and really thought about it, I understood that much of my...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    This is a very real and concerning topic today. Although the number of teen pregnancies has been on a slight decline, it is still a very alive issue in the United States right now. I really do not think we...
  • Commented on "I Work Out!"
    This is a great example that I'm sure many of us can relate to. I also enjoy doing group fitness classes, as it makes it more fun and easier to accomplish. Like you said, you won't quit if everyone else...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    I am not originally from Minnesota either, but I have different view on this particular topic. I heard about the passive aggressive, "Minnesota Nice," lifestyle before moving here to go to school; however, when I got here I never really...
  • Posted "Just trying to fit in..." to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Having the most trendy clothes, being popular, playing sports are just some of the ways middle school students try to fit in. During this age range the "need to belong" is a relatively new feeling and is at an all...
  • Posted It's Much Easier to Predict the Score of the Game After it has Already been Played. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Saying "I knew that team was going to win all along" after the game had already been played is a prime example of hindsight bias. Hindsight bias is claiming to have known something after the answer has been revealed. It...
  • Posted It's Much Easier to Predict the Score of the Game After it has Already Been Played. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from brow1883

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page