hjer0025

• Commented on REM for LIFE!
    I also will remember the REM cycle. It is very fascinating and useful, especially for college students who tend to not sleep enough. I definitely can tell when I haven't gotten enough sleep and now I can use what I...
  • Commented on Clowns are scary
    For a long time when I was little I was very scared of clowns. It was because when I was 5 my older brother had me watch the movie IT with him. After that clowns freaked me out. I'm not...
  • Posted OCEAN to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The "Big Five" will stick with me for a long time after psych 1001. It was one of the topics that I found most interesting. It's great to know about the different personalities that people have and also to be...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    You bring up some great points. This blog reminds me of the saying, "everything is bigger in Texas." It just makes me think of the huge servings that are out there in this day and age. I think a great...
  • Commented on SElf actualization in todays world.
    I have to agree. The more money you have now means you worked hard earlier in life which leads to people thinking you are great. This train of thought seems to be one of the main ways that people are...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    I think that this is an interesting topic but not that reliable. In my family the only part that really fits is my youngest sister. She is the troublesome one in the family. The rest of us are all organized...
  • Commented on Love to Work Out
    I've also noticed that working out with someone helps make me want to work harder but it also allows me to work harder. When you have someone to compete against it helps you push yourself more but having someone to...
  • Commented on Stupid Diets
    I agree that this is absolutely ridiculous. One thing that I believe that it is doing that isn't bad is that it isn't talking about taking essential macro and micro nutrients out of your diet. With today's "miracle" diets talking...
  • Commented on "I Work Out!"
    I am really interested in this topic. As someone who grew up playing team sports a majority of their teen life, this concept really hits home. When I was younger I did notice that I tried harder when I had...
  • Commented on You, sir, are a liar and a scoundrel.
    Honestly I have never seen the show lie but I have seen the mentalist and read many spy/action books that involve using micro-expressions to determine if someone is being honest or not. I always used to think how cool it...
  • Commented on Truth about lying
    I too used to think that detecting if someone was lying was a "science." I say science because I use to believe that there were tiny micro-expressions when someone lied because so many movies and TV shows portrayed this. Before...
  • Commented on The Dilemma with Kohlberg's Moral Dilemma
    I also found this very interesting. You could easily have people from many different cultures answer a question in a million different ways and in each culture that answer could be moral and in a different culture immoral or vice...
  • Commented on 16 and Pregnant Revealed!- Assignment 3- Emily Stasel
    I find this very interesting. I agree that the bond between mother and child is very important but what about the relationship between father and child? This relationship has also been shown to be important. Children with involved fathers, compared...
  • Posted Losing that stubborn belly fat or your health? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Most people in western culture today are obsessed with being "skinny". Some people even go on so-called "miracle" diets to achieve this. One such "diet" is the Dukan diet which involves almost exclusively eating protein and barely consuming other macronutrients...
  • Commented on My Memory of Running Away?
    False memories are a strange thing. I distinctly remember going on a cruise when I was 5 years old. I remember the smell of the ocean, the sites, seeing all of these different people and eating in this huge dining...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's: the greatest heartbreaker
    Both sides of my family has a history of Alzheimer's. I have seen many relatives go from being completely healthy to not even being able to function. What always struck me the most about seeing this disease progress was how...
  • Commented on Wanna Join(t) Me?
    I have also had family and friends injured or killed from the abuse of drugs. It is a tough thing for everyone to see a loved one do that to themselves. I have to say that I agree that prescription...
  • Commented on Sleep: Entering a Personal Dimension
    I find it very interesting that you actually practice this. Its very different, in a good way. I had never heard about the clock thing before. I think I might try this just to see how it goes....
  • Commented on 3D Sounds
    I had my first experience with this in high school and it was weird. I now find it much more interesting though. I found myself really "seeing" what was going on by just the sounds. I think that this aspect...
  • Commented on Mosquito Buzz
    I find this story pretty amusing because it happened at my school a lot. When someone was bored or just wanted to bug people they would play it but only the students would hear it, unless it was a TA...
  • Commented on Is that Post-Workout Protein Shake really helping?
    As someone who works out often and uses protein shakes himself I find this very interesting. As was stated in the original post, the article that says protein is bad for you was saying that if you exceeded the recommended...
  • Commented on Marijuana and the Mind: Correlation is not Causation!
    I agree with the above comments in that there definitely has to be at least a third factor in this causation vs correlation. As the original post stated they need to do more studies into this topic. Just because they...
  • Posted Give me that phone to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Going to high school with a bunch of pranksters had its ups and downs but one of the more memorable moments was in my chemistry class my sophomore year. A few of my classmates had the "mosquito" ringtone on their...
  • Posted What drives you to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    By being a student at the college level I began to realize more and more just how important being motivated was. What I didn't fully understand was all of the reasons for motivation besides just wanting to do well and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hjer0025

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page