jorda492

• Commented on Psychology...What will I remember?
    The fact that familiarity, and proximity, bring comfort has also been evident to me this year. Most of my best friends that I've made live on my floor, and most of them are in the same school that I am....
  • Commented on Just how often are we classically conditioned on an average day?
    I also found the concept of classical conditioning to be one of the most interesting that we covered this semester. It is amazing to see its prevalence in our society. I am in the business school, with marketing as a...
  • Commented on Using Psychology to Understand Oneself
    I also found the personality test we took to be very interesting and informative. It is amazing how a simple test can tell us a lot about ourselves. Like you said, it is good to know what kind of people...
  • Commented on REM for LIFE!
    I also found the chapter about sleep to be very interesting. I now understand why sometimes I'm so tired when I wake up, and other times I feel well rested. That app looks so cool, I'm going to look into...
  • Commented on Psychological Aspect of Conformity
    High school and middle school can be such tough times for people. It is a time when you're trying to figure out who you are, but trying to be what everyone else wants you to be. Those who make it...
  • Commented on what will bring to me in the next five years
    That is great that you now have a healthy lifestyle, and want to help others achieve a healthy life and self image. The issues discussed in psychology are real world issues that impact so many people, and I think it...
  • Posted Memories of Psych... to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One of the chapters I found most interesting this semester was Chapter 7, which was all about memory. I have used different tricks for memorization over the years in school. It was neat to read about why those tricks have...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    I was really surprised when I read in the textbook that there was no evidence that birth order determines personality traits. Most of my family and friends seem to fit with the stereotypical personality of a youngest, middle, or oldest....
  • Commented on Question everything...
    I also agree. I have continually been amazed by what I read in the psych textbook. There are so many things that are different than they appear. I have learned to take nothing at face value, and to evaluate claims...
  • Commented on Minnesota Nice: The Altruism State
    I was born in California, so I go back to visit my family atleast once a year. It always amazes me to see the difference in attitudes and behaviors between Minnesotans and Californians. Although Californians are certainly nice people, they...
  • Posted "I Work Out!" to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Last summer I started going to the fitness classes that my gym offered (my favorite is Zumba!) I was amazed at what a great workout I got, and how much fun exercising could be. Whenever I left a fitness class,...
  • Commented on One Thing Can Change Everything
    It is so hard now for kids to find their place in society. Some people put all their efforts into being non-conformists, and some people will give anything to fit in. I think I went more with the "fitting in"...
  • Commented on And the final rose goes to...
    I completely agree with one of the previous comments, that most of the dates on the Bachelor are influenced by the two-factor theory. I am a fan of the Bachelor, even though I know that finding love on reality tv...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    I was also born in California, and your points about Minnesotans are very true! It is always amazing to observe the differences between Minnesotans and Californians when I travel back and forth to see my family....
  • Commented on Thoughts of Beauty
    You raise some really interesting points. I had never thought about why we view skinny people attractive from an evolutionary point of view, and it makes sense to me. A fit body not only equates to a good diet, but...
  • Commented on Unborn Baby Geniuses
    I think part of the reason parents read to their unborn children, or play music for them, is for the parent's own benefit. It is a way for them to bond and connect with their child. Although reading to a...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    There are many reasons why teenagers make bad decisions. It can be because of their genes, upbringing, and the world we live in. The popularity of shows like "16 and Pregnant" has almost made teenage pregnancy something cool. I think...
  • Posted Polly Want a Cracker? to Becca's Blog
    Parrots are fascinating creatures. I have been a fan of parrots ever since I received my talking parrot toy when I was a kid. I would say something to my toy parrot, it would record what I said, and then...
  • Commented on I Got A Gut Feeling...
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I have often found that my gut decisions result in the best outcomes. It is usually when I go against my gut that bad things happen. Usually my first response to a question on...
  • Commented on Sleep and Learn
    I have experienced the same things, where when I study right before bed, I remember stuff very well in the morning. This is why I always try to get a full night sleep before an exam. I never really thought...
  • Commented on Let's Go Up. Or Down?
    I think this photo can remind us about an important life lesson: Everyone views things differently. One person could say these stairs are ascending, and the other could say that they are descending. They have different answers, but both are...
  • Commented on The Great Debate
    It is interesting to think of sugar in so many differet ways. It's important for us to remember what we're putting into our bodies. Even though sugar can be defined many different ways, in the end it's still bad for...
  • Commented on Why is she so attractive? It's called Photoshop......
    Great post! I've seen the Evolution of Beauty video many times. However, each time I see it, I'm reminded not to compare myself to models and actresses. It's easy to become self absorbed as we strive to look perfect. But...
  • Posted Virgin Mary Toast to Becca's Blog
    Humans always have the need to explain what is going on around them. We find assurance when we feel in control and informed. This is why many people believe in different forms of pseudoscience. Chapter 1 discusses what science is,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from jorda492

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page