kinzl015

• Posted Nature vs. Nurture and its Role in Personality to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Throughout this course, I have learned about many psychological theories; however, one major concept that particularly stuck with me was the one concerning how personality develops. Is it nature? Is it nurture? Or is it both? This topic has made...
  • Posted IAT Sheds Light on the Impact of Implicit Thought...Jenny Kinzler to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    So I took the 2012 Implicit Associations Test and was quite surprised by the results! In this task, I was asked to categorize "good" words, such as successful and wonderful, with white faces compared to "good" words with black faces...
  • Commented on Straying Away From the Norm of the Nuclear Family
    We've discussed this topic extensively in my Child Psych class and according to research, nature and nurture both play dominant roles in behavioral aspects of an individual. While the child may have a gene for this behavior, environmental influences may...
  • Commented on Skin and bones is beautiful?
    speak the truth. Media has really taken a huge negative impact on how girls today view their bodies. If you don't weight 100 lbs and a 13 inch waist line your automatically disqulaified from the image of 'beautiful.' Now that...
  • Posted Don't Forget about Alzheimer's Disease! Jenny Kinzler to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    We're all pretty familiar with Alzheimer's disease or at least have heard about older people who have been diagnosed, but how much do we really know about it? I mean yes, it's is disorder that affects one's memory but what...
  • Commented on Memory Causing Movies to go 'Overboard'
    Good point! So many movies today romanticize loss of memory. I recently saw "The Vow" starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum and, again, memory loss is romanticized. Rachel McAdams loses her memory after a car crash and the story line...
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    I think it's funny how far America will go with using sex appeal to advertise products. Maybe it's just me, but leaves, vegetables and chicken do not make me feel lustful..nor would I want them too. But this advertisement does...
  • Commented on What Does the Difference in Conciousness Between Waking and Sleeping Tell us About Ourselves?
    I was doing some research and found that the most active brain regions during sleep are in the inferior frontal gyrus, the parahippocampal gyrus, the precuneus and the posterior cingulate cortex, as well as in the brainstem and cerebellum. These...
  • Commented on Pike's Peak- a conditioned stimulus
    yes, I know what you mean! Ever since learning about classical conditioning,I can see it being applied to almost every advertisment. In particular, I've noticed that sellers usually try to connect their product with a sexual appeal such as having...
  • Commented on Why is she so attractive? It's called Photoshop......
    I'd have to agree with the comment above about the "reverse" halo effect. I've met many people that at first glance..not so attractive. So right off the bat you're thinking their personality probably isn't so great either. But then, as...
  • Commented on Defining Sexuality
    How do we know that the larger hypothalamus found in gay males causes homosexuality? They could be confusing correlation with causation. Could there be a third variable involved causing larger hypothalamus areas AND homosexuality?...
  • Commented on That's not a Cheeto, It's Jesus.
    Hah "Cheesus" is clever. But i think that's how our brains work..they try to make sense of ciaos, making it easier to process information....
  • Commented on The Perks of Being Blind
    I totally agree with you. Eliminating bias=more accurate cause and effect relationships. Thank god for double blind!...
  • Posted Psychology in Art! Jenny Kinzler to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    While reading Chapter 1, Psychology and Scientific Thinking, I came upon the topic of pseudoscience. According to the text, we our drawn to pseudo-scientific beliefs due to the brain's disposition to "make order out of disorder and find sense in...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kinzl015

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page