leas0048

• Commented on That's What Makes You Beautiful
    I think it is so true that the idea of beauty if constantly fluctuating. I think you made an excellent point by using the comparison of being pale and tan. I will also remember what we learned recently and how...
  • Commented on REM for LIFE!
    I think this is interesting because I LOVE taking naps and I probably take at least one every day, which usually ends up being about an hour but after I wake up half the time i'm more out of it...
  • Commented on Clowns are scary
    I think the topic on phobias is very interesting because of the vast majority of them. So many people have phobias of so many different things that may seem so silly and weird, although I am not surprised that a...
  • Posted Reinforcing for the Future to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    When I think about what I will remember about psychology 5 years from now I have to think about why I would remember that certain concept. In order to do that I think about what I will be doing in...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    This is interesting because a lot of teenagers that got pregnant at my high school either had an older sibling who was also a teen mom and who's parents were teens when they had them. I think it does has...
  • Commented on Can one choose their sexual orientation?
    I agree with your view point that gay people don't choose to be gay. Which then of course means that they were born that way, so it is more a nature than a nurture aspect of things. I think the...
  • Commented on Knock, Knock. Is anyone here? - Conscious Awareness
    I find this very interesting because when I think of people in vegetative states I don't really think of them as consciously aware of anything. If they are consciously aware of things it may be just as sad if not...
  • Commented on 16 and Pregnant Revealed!- Assignment 3- Emily Stasel
    This is an interesting topic and the idea of teen moms are certainly popular in the media these days. I feel like a lot more kids are having kids these days even though their are many more ways to prevent...
  • Posted Sweet and Spice and Everything Nice! to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    What are the ingredients of having well-behaved, intelligent, socially expectable children? Most researchers along with most people would agree that having 2 parents that are still together, and who uses authoritative parenting styles would be the best way for a...
  • Commented on The Call of the Wild
    I think this is interesting because whenever I hear dogs barking at each other or birds chirping from tree to tree I imagine them communicating in their own "language." It obviously isn't as complicated as humans but I definitely think...
  • Commented on Sleep: Entering a Personal Dimension
    I think lucidity is very interesting because I remember being able to do this. I even remember one particular dream where I started to become conscious and didn't want the dream to end so I kept dreaming and controlled it...
  • Commented on When I Say Three, You Will Be A...
    I think this topic is interesting because I also had a hypnotist at my senior party. However every participant was not known to be an extrovert, actually quite a few were quiet kids. I was very skeptical of the hypnotist...
  • Commented on This assignment is so boring that I'm falling asleep.
    I think that it is really cool that they can measure the communications in our brain and find out how they differ from when we are awake and when we are asleep. This video clearly shows the difference in being...
  • Commented on Brett Favre...Halo Effect Gone Wrong
    I agree with you that this is a case of naive realism as well as the halo effect. That is why when such "beautiful" talented people do bad things we are shocked, this is because we don't actually see the...
  • Commented on Miracle Diets Require..... Miracles? Blog #2
    It's crazy to think that this kind of stuff is actually out there and even crazier to think that people fall for it! Every diet ad I've ever seen is over reliant on anecdotes. The "users" of the products stating...
  • Posted Defining Sexuality to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    When hearing about the nature-nurture debate I often hear about criminal studies or personality differences and similarities in twins, but one very large debate concerning nature vs. nurture is that on homosexuality. Everyone has their own opinion on why...
  • Posted Myths about Mental Illness to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    I opened our Psychology text book to the table of contents and glanced over the titles of each chapter, looking for one that stuck out to me and seemed interesting. As I got toward the bottom I saw that chapter...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from leas0048

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page