silva151

• Commented on You, sir, are a liar and a scoundrel.
    Here is a promo video of the show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXytQOkNaq4 The link didn't insert properly, sorry!...
  • Posted You, sir, are a liar and a scoundrel. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    I used to love watching the show Lie to Me. For those who clearly do not watch enough television, its now cancelled tv show about a psychologist who is an expert in detecting lies through subtle clues in body language....
  • Commented on What do cats and babies have in common?
    I wrote this wondering the same questions. If every conscious thought that goes through our heads is a result of language (as they taught in lecture) and self awareness, what is thought without either of those things? The cognitive processes...
  • Posted What do cats and babies have in common? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The most interesting part of BBC's The Secret You in my opinion was the self awareness/ mirror experiment. In this experiment, a red mark is placed somewhere on a baby's face. The baby is then placed in front of a...
  • Commented on Miracle Diets Require..... Miracles? Blog #2
    As my mom always said "If something seems too good to be true, it is". I have always believed that to be true on some level. Nonetheless, I googled the Hollywood diet, read their website and found myself swept away...
  • Commented on Defining Sexuality
    I would agree with the above poster- I'm not convinced that a larger hypothalamus would cause homosexuality. Why would it? Let's grossly oversimplify the situation and say that the hypothalamus was the only part of the brain that had any...
  • Posted Fun with Logical Fallacies to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    As we approach the upcoming presidential elections, we are further inundated with political debates and empty rhetoric. Discussions about politics so often turn into heated debates in which neither side seems to gain any ground and arguments are based on...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from silva151

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page