strom416

• Posted I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Okay, so that quote isn't entirely relevant to anything I'm about to say. Except that it involves food. I SUPPOSE that rice could be used as a transition to say how hunger is a problem that plagues billions, and eating...
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    I can easily see that this ad goes really overboard with the subtle (read "obvious") sexual references in order to imply that if you eat a salad, then Kim Kardashian will show up at your door and help you eat...
  • Commented on Pike's Peak- a conditioned stimulus
    Being someone who knows about cars helps in avoiding misleading ads such as this, and not falling into the psychological trap that this ad agency used. Notice how the car never left the road, and that most of the time...
  • Posted This assignment is so boring that I'm falling asleep. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    What does the difference in consciousness between waking and sleeping tell us about our sense of self? Good question. Frankly, the communication between the different areas of my cerebral cortex is lacking a bit at the moment, so I can't...
  • Commented on A 2-dimensional wormhole
    I think that the reason that so many people are willing to spend time and money on creating and viewing these illusions is because we are enamored by the possibility of making the impossible seem plausible. Simply by using geometry...
  • Commented on Let's Go Up. Or Down?
    Some people may wonder if the stairs are going up or down... I can't help but think that they aren't going anywhere. There aren't even any landings. I realize that the point of these posts are to demonstrate how the...
  • Posted The Value of an IQ to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    How much weight can you place on IQ's ability to influence your life? While perusing Lilienfeld's Psychology textbook, I found Chapter 9 to be of particular interest, as it addresses this very question. Although IQ testing intends to quantify an...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from strom416

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page