thork009

• Posted The Psychology of Sleep to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    There are many ideas of psychology that may not stay with me as they may prove irrelevant to my everyday life. Some of these things include all of the different parts of the brain, or all the different psychologists and...
  • Commented on Is This Real Life?
    OH absolutely, this is what I was considering writing about because it's so emphatic throughout the text. Literally every page has to do with the six principles of scientific thinking. However, this is great and engrained it in my memory...
  • Commented on Is IQ Everything?
    I agree completely, this was probably the most interesting chapter out of any text book I've ever read. I personally think intelligence is the most interesting subject one can discuss because it sets us apart from anything else in the...
  • Commented on SElf actualization in todays world.
    Financial success seems to be one of the best measurements of achievement within our society because it shows how hard someone worked or the amount of natural talent they have. People realize their full potential and make the money that...
  • Commented on Stupid Diets
    I've heard of stupid diets, but this one takes the cake! (HA!) I think people back then were as skeptical as we are today... I really don't think society was that much dumber back then... But according to Flynn's theory,...
  • Commented on "I Work Out!"
    I guess I could relate this Social facilitation concept to another aspect of college life: academics. When I'm in my room, I barely have the attention span to do any work. However, when i'm surrounded by studious people in the...
  • Commented on Not Everyone Wants to be Skinny
    Wow. I agree with yuxxx664. That's so extreme! But one from their culture might think the practices of the desirable women in our culture is even more extreme. Can you imagine being from a culture where 16,000 calories a day...
  • Commented on Double Eyelids, Beautiful?
    This is very true. Beauty is based on the perception of what we were raised to believe is beautiful. Although, some beauty standards may be primitive. I say this because some traits may have been more apt to allow one...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    Word. This be so true. Society isn't too awesome sometimes when it comes to health. Although, society is trying to change. As you can see in commercials, there's tons of weight loss programs and workout programs (capitalism at its finest)....
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    This is so interesting, I was just talking to someone else from Cali about this the other day. People from California simply cannot deal with our passive aggressive tendencies. Minnesotans simply will not come out and say they have a...
  • Posted One Thing Can Change Everything to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    After watching the video, you may be very confused about what I'm going to talk about. It has nothing to do with the idea of time travel, but the idea of identity. If you haven't seen the movie, The...
  • Commented on (MyU vs. Uthink) Order in Layout
    I totally get what you're saying, MyU is such an easy website to handle. I recall going to some websites in the past where everything is just off - it bothers me to an extent! And then, when I come...
  • Commented on Sleep and Learn
    I know exactly what you're saying. I always save studying for the last part of my nightly routine because if you I study before I sleep, i find myself remembering the information better and doing considerably better on tests and...
  • Commented on Small Brain = Lots of Learning
    This is a great find! I enjoyed watching the ants figure out how to get across. The trial and error process of learning seems to work for organisms at this level and that's why they do not adapt as much....
  • Commented on Knock, Knock. Is anyone here? - Conscious Awareness
    Well, dothx005, you raise an intriguing inquiry. How do we know when someone is alive or not? and how can we stray away from the arbitrariness of the word alive itself? How do we go about defining such a conflicting...
  • Commented on Memory Causing Movies to go 'Overboard'
    I personally don't feel our society has gone "overboard" with stories about memory loss. I realize that it is indeed a very serious issue, but at the same time memory loss provides for a very entertaining story. With all of...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's: the greatest heartbreaker
    Wow. The sheer fact that Alzheimer's affects 1/10 people and no one is immune is a scary statistic. I don't personally know anyone who has been affected by Alzheimer's at a close level, but this makes me more aware for...
  • Commented on This assignment is so boring that I'm falling asleep.
    That was the most dramatic introduction to a video I think I've ever seen. Well, anyway, of course I didn't watch the entire 58:41 but I caught a good glimpse of the video and I found it extremely interesting (as...
  • Commented on 3D Sounds
    This video is excellent, as a previous commenter stated it is indeed fascinating how our brain interprets this "auditory illusion" as if it were coming from a different part of the room. This illusion is quite similar to that of...
  • Posted A 2-dimensional wormhole to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    A three dimensional hole to another dimension? Wrong. The light at the end of a dark tunnel? Wrong. Instead, how about a series of different colored, narrowing circular bands consistently moving to the left with a small circle of...
  • Commented on Let's Go Up. Or Down?
    Hey Cody, to start off I must say this is an interesting post. I've seen several of these kinds of images in the past but nothing this realistic. I can't seem to figure out which way is up and which...
  • Commented on Brett Favre...Halo Effect Gone Wrong
    It's so interesting how we associate people's good looks and fame with other good qualities like that he's a perfect person and never does anything wrong. I recall reading in our text that people are more likely to get jobs...
  • Commented on I will become this man
    The extraordinary claims that are conveyed through this advertisement are definitely not backed up by extraordinary evidence. I mean, as we learned in our text, adrenaline is what makes humans able to accomplish incredible physical feats, not a fresh smelling...
  • Posted Stress, Coping, and Health to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    As I looked through our Psychology book, I was immediately attracted to Chapter 12, entitled "Stress, Coping, and Health" simply because it seemed to describe my first week of class. In a nut shell, this chapter essentially describes what stress...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from thork009

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page