vogel242

• Commented on Understanding the Real Truth
    This is too true! While I may not remember their exact definition I believe I'll remember the general concepts. Now I hear stories on the news about different things and I think show me the data or what about another...
  • Commented on It's you, not me
    I find the cultural differences in what is viewed as beauty to be interesting. But I think it's just because their culture isn't what we're used to. For example, in the cultures that feed their daughters 16,000 calories to gain...
  • Commented on Clowns are scary
    I went to school with a girl who is afraid of mascots which I find interesting. I find this interesting because there's another person inside of the costume, just like there's a real person who's just dressed up like a...
  • Commented on I Got A Gut Feeling...
    I think this is really interesting. We're always told to go with your gut, your instinct. Most of the time it results in favorable outcomes but I'd have to argue, at least in my case, it always ends poorly. If...
  • Commented on Personality: Not Permanent --Christie Kleen
    Even after learning this chapter, I guess I never really thought about how a person's personality changes. Now that I think about it I agree. I've heard about people being friends in high school and then drifting apart during their...
  • Commented on Conformity Most Interesting
    As stated above, I was surprised how many said the wrong line when they were incorrect. The elevator experiment was funny. I found myself thinking about this video last week. I was in an elevator in TCF Bank Stadium that...
  • Commented on An Invaluable Learning Experience
    I've always found psychology interesting and taking this class has only increased this. I'm always happy when I can apply something I've learned in a class to my everyday life, and not just learning something for the sake of the...
  • Commented on Dream On
    I think hidden meanings behind dreams are fascinating yet I have some of the most random dreams that I really don't think there are any explanations for! The thing I find interesting about movies such as the two you talked...
  • Posted Two-Factory Theory to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The concept from psychology that I will remember five years from now I think is the two-factor theory. I still find myself thinking about it and realizing its existence in my every day life, from watching TV/movies to things characters...
  • Commented on You, sir, are a liar and a scoundrel.
    I absolutely loved that show and was sad when it was cancelled. The whole concept of being able to tell if someone was lying by facial expressions and solve cases to me was fascinating. Now looking back, I agree with...
  • Commented on Love the Way You Lie
    I had a friend who always touched her nose when she was lying or avoiding answering a question. One might say that the only reason I knew she was lying was because we were such close friends and I knew...
  • Posted And the final rose goes to... to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One thing I found particularly interesting this week was Schachter and Singer's two-factor theory. For a quick recap on the theory, part one is after an incident that causes an emotion we experience an arousal, or alertness. The second part...
  • Commented on This assignment is so boring that I'm falling asleep.
    I'm interested in knowing why some people talk in their sleep if the brain shuts down communication. I've known people that said they had a conversation with someone while that person was sleeping and they'd respond to them. Of course,...
  • Commented on Ground Hog Day (The Movie) I've figured it out!
    I read a book recently that the main character had a rock climbing accident and he ended up not being able to remember the first 25 years of his life. He literally had to relearn everything from reading and writing,...
  • Commented on Monkey Say, Monkey Do?
    I think they have a language in the sense that they all know the common "words/sounds" that mean a specific kind of danger. As previously stated, if they had a language they would have more words to describe specific things...
  • Commented on take another look
    This illusion totally fooled me. I thought it was cool how it looked like he was holding up the word. Then I noticed the woman and how small she looked. Since it looks like he's holding it up and she's...
  • Commented on (MyU vs. Uthink) Order in Layout
    I totally agree with your statements. I find MyU quite easy to use. I can clearly find the different links I need to use because the layout makes sense. I also agree with how confusing and difficult the Uthink website...
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    We all know that sex sells and that's why we shouldn't be surprised that all ads we see for a product contain a sexy male or female. While this is a good way for the companies to sell items such...
  • Posted When I Say Three, You Will Be A... to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    At my senior banquet, we had a hypnotist. It was by far the funniest thing I have ever seen. What the hypnotist had my classmates do was hilarious, but the main reason why it was so funny was because...
  • Commented on Defining Sexuality
    I find it interesting that there are a number of people that believe that a person can choose to be homosexual or not. Ask a homosexual person whether they chose to be and they'll respond with "no." It's just something...
  • Commented on A 2-dimensional wormhole
    This reminds me of a haunted house attraction that I went through a few years ago. We had to walk through this spinning room on a small path. The first illusion it created was that we had to walk a...
  • Commented on Defining Sexuality
  • Commented on Your Choice? Or Mine?
    In a class I had last year, we talked about how much free will we actually have as individuals. While people believe they make all decisions on their own, really they don't. Many factors go into a decision and a...
  • Posted If You're Happy and You Know It... to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    While flipping through Chapter 11, which is Emotion and Motivation, the first thing that caught my eye was that there are perhaps seven primary emotions that are cross-culturally universal. I find this interesting because of how many emotions there...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from vogel242

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page