warl0012

• Commented on Personality: Not What I Once Thought
    I thought that this was an interesting topic in the book too, although I'm not really convinced. I'm really more on the nurture side of this debate. When I was younger, before my mother got remarried, even before my parents...
  • Commented on Psychological Aspect of Conformity
    Conforming might as well be a subject in high school. There is virtually no other way to figure out who you are in a high school setting without first figuring out who you are not. I remember bouncing from group...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    I think that it is very important to realize that we are able to go against the grain and against what others tell you if you disagree. If we had not seen these videos and learned about these studies and...
  • Posted Common Sense to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    When I (finally) walk away from PSY 1001, I will remember the low accuracy rate of our common sense. I used to try my best to just go with my 'gut reaction' when making had decisions, but now I think...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    While there are way too many factors that influence personality, this research fits my siblings and I nearly perfectly. I am extremely, almost excessively, organized and have always worked really hard in school. My brother, the second oldest is more...
  • Commented on "I Work Out!"
    This is a great observation. A great example of this is from when I was in high school. In our gym class, part of our physical testing included Pacers (race the clock and run from one end of the gym...
  • Posted The Tapeworm Diet: because why isn't this a good idea? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    As I was thinking about what to write for this blog, I came across this article on Cracked.com about the 6 most outrageous crash diets of all time. The one that really surprised me was the 'tapeworm' diet. The idea...
  • Commented on The Body [R]evolution
    I have seen this video before and really love the message. It makes me so sad every time I hear someone say that they wish that they were more beautiful or more like X-celebrity. My 10 year old sister is...
  • Commented on I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something.
    Let's be honest, in complete agreement with your point, people in our country are much like babies. Anything that they can get their hands on easily will go straight to their mouth. We don't know any better. People need to...
  • Commented on One Thing Can Change Everything
    I would like to think that I did not struggle with my identity in high school and junior high as much as I probably did. I never had a huge group of friends because I knew that I was never...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    This is a very interesting point. I am not convinced that this situation could possibly be completely due to genetic factors, and I would like to believe that children learn more from their parents' mistakes than they do, but I...
  • Commented on Can one choose their sexual orientation?
    I wish that I could play the devil's advocate for this discussion, but I can't. I agree completely with your statement that people are simply born as homosexual or heterosexual. All scientific evidence aside, why would anyone choose to be...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    I completely agree with the statement that Minnesotans try very hard to avoid confrontation and display reserved emotional behaviors. I have lived in Minnesota my entire life and have definitely noticed differences in how we (Minnesotans) act in comparison to...
  • Posted Alzheimer's: the greatest heartbreaker to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Alzheimer's is a very unforgiving disease that takes away a person's memory and mental function until the world that they live in no longer makes sense. A combination of genetic, lifestyle, and environmental factors that build up and take effect...
  • Posted Chapter 11: Emotion and Motivation - Taylor Warling to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    While leafing through the pages of the Lilienfeld textbook, the words on the pages of chapter eleven leaped out at me. Chapter eleven discusses emotions and the expressions associated with them. I find this area of research extremely interesting because...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from warl0012

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page