yuxxx664

• Commented on nuh nuh nuhhhhhh nuh, SCIENCE!
    I agree with you that I now find myself analyzing things such as advertisements, essays, research papers, etc. before accepting what they have to say. This was definitely a very useful thing learned and I will be taking this with...
  • Commented on Two-Factory Theory
    not know about this? It honestly really is a great way to create exciting relationships and like you mentioned, bring some life back into a long relationship that took a turn for dulls-ville. And now watching movies, shows, etc. I...
  • Commented on Clowns are scary
    I totally agree with what you said about living a fairly fear-free life. It's nice to not have panic attacks when seeing something nasty. But it was interesting on what you said about how phobias could possible be genetically connected....
  • Commented on That's What Makes You Beautiful
    You really couldn't have said that more perfectly. It really is true the there shouldn't be just this one mass deciding what is beautiful. As you said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder so how could it have...
  • Commented on I will not give in!
    Nicely written piece! And I agree that I really enjoyed professor Gonzales's lectures as well. With all those tests on conformity, it's shocking as a behind the scene person to see the action and reactions of those people and you...
  • Posted Psychology and Beyond to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One of the things I believe that will still be with me in the next five years and beyond, is the Big 5 concept. After experiencing it and seeing it apply so well in our discussion sections it made me...
  • Commented on The Big 5
    I agree that the Big 5 is something I will take away with me for a lifetime. The Big 5 really can apply to everyone so whenever dealing with people it's easier when you actually know what category or categories...
  • Commented on From Psych to Dating
    This was definitely one of the things that stood out to me too. Hopefully now people can go into relationships, regardless of what kind, with more knowledge in having a healthy connection. I know for sure that what I took...
  • Commented on six F.R.I.E.N.D.S and the big five
    Now that you mentioned these traits among the Friend's cast and that we have learned the big 5, I see it in many movies, tv shows, and people. It's interesting too to tell people of these things and before you...
  • Commented on Stupid Diets
    You know as stupid as that ad was, I'm sure that if it was somehow changed around and put out today, people would still believe and buy it. These days, losing weight is so extreme and the trend for all...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    Love the picture. It does a fantastic job of showing how portion sizes have been incredibly warped by society. Feeding us more, then eating more, and eventually getting used to having large portion only. It's sad to say but it...
  • Commented on Not Everyone Wants to be Skinny
    Can I just say whoa? When I read the part that they are forced to consume 16,000 calories my eyeballs became saucers. It is unbelievable how two cultures can be so different. Even though some Mauritanian women are choosing a...
  • Commented on Truth about lying
    Yes, absolutely. Sadly enough, there have been times where I can tell someone is lying or hiding something because I have grown to know them so well. So when those times do come around, it certainly hurts to know that...
  • Commented on When In Doubt...Call 911
    I like what you said about how knowing less does not make you inferior to others because I know that can be the case for many people including myself. It's hard to get out of that mind set and believe...
  • Posted The Right Decision to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Something that caught my eye while reading about Kohlberg's three stages in moral reasoning was the second level: conventional morality. This level is mostly a focus on what society will think of you when making choices. Something is considered correct...
  • Commented on My Memory of Running Away?
    Very interesting memory! I've had some of those too of me in my old house and me somewhere that has these particular flowers but I can't seem to place my finger on where that actually was...but I'm pretty sure that...
  • Commented on Sweet and Spice and Everything Nice!
    I really like your article! Short and to the point. I completely agree with what you say about how it really does not matter how many parents or guardians a child has in their life but by what their standards...
  • Commented on Monkey Say, Monkey Do?
    Very interesting article! I certainly agree that animals have their own form of communication. And though it is not the same as ours, meaning none of the grammar and symbols that we have, it certainly has proven to work just...
  • Commented on Coping with Alzheimer's
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother! Although many of us can only read about people with Alzheimer's, we will never really understand the pain one has to go through when a family member or friend has been diagnosed....
  • Commented on I Got A Gut Feeling...
    A very interesting article! But I have to say though that gut decisions aren't always the best choice. I can most certainly say that there have been times where I followed my instinct and the result was not so great......
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    I can definitely agree that this ad is going more than a little overboard. Though it is a bit of stretch to connect sexuality and buying a salad, it epitomizes the purpose of the components of classical conditioning. Strangely enough...
  • Commented on The Great Debate: Not Politics or Religion But... Videogames?
    Very interesting to bring up competition rather than the video game(s) itself to bring out aggressiveness in people. But how to test this is certainly an obstacle to overcome. And perhaps, people may even want to test if this affects...
  • Commented on How much should you work out in a week?
    To lost weight isn't just about exercise. It's about a healthy combination of eating right AND moving around. And though the cafeterias "try" to serve healthy foods, salads and well, salads, we students don't really have much option on healthy...
  • Commented on Why is she so attractive? It's called Photoshop......
    This was a very interesting article and so so true. Today's society is just compelled by too much halo effect. Men and women are affected but these things do tend to target girls more. I find the comment on the...
  • Posted The Great Debate to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The free will and determinism debate has been around for quite some time now and today is still going on with many open ends.This site http://www.thegreatdebate.org.uk/determinismandfreewill.html goes especially into great detail about each side for free will and determinism. After...
  • Posted Spiders, Snakes, Death, or All of the Above? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Phobias are quite common in today's society. While briefing through Psychology From Inquiry to Understanding, one particular section of chapter 6 stood out to me and this particular section was about phobias. Though you hear about phobias all the time,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from yuxxx664

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page