decke196

• Commented on 5 years from now...
    The idea of classical conditioning definitely is one of the most interesting in psychology. One question I ponder occasionally is if classical conditioning is the most ethical practice. this isn't a moral stance, simply a question of traditional ideas. Consider...
  • Commented on Just how often are we classically conditioned on an average day?
    this class definitely is a helpful reminder and teacher of the dangers of allowing ourselves to be taken in by the world of advertising. It's so easy to become engrained with brand loyalty without even owning a product. I see...
  • Commented on OCEAN
    my only thoughts on this are that you have to take any personality with a grain of salt. It may be reflective but people are complex beings with varying motivations, ideas, and traits. People are always changing in response to...
  • Commented on I will not give in!
    I think the picture you used to illustrate your point is interesting, I think the conformity that we see everyday in many social situations extends well beyond simply the public realm. Everyday we are pressured and pushed to fit into...
  • Commented on Using Psychology to Understand Oneself
    I also found myself acknowledging my own neuroticism and personality traits, it's definitely interesting. I think perhaps the sensitivity that comes with the higher neuroticism is expressed in the course with a negative connotation, which I found to be irritating...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    I think the knowledge of how conformity works from this class is much like the knowledge that would help us overcome the bystandard effect. Knowing how easily it is to be taken advantage of by someone in a position of...
  • Commented on That's What Makes You Beautiful
    it's interesting to think about this in a historical sense, as you referring. Our taste is subject to a change in lifestyles amongst us, and in our culture. Say for instance that because of mass production we are able to...
  • Posted SElf actualization in todays world. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Is self-actualization possible in todays world? I find the idea of self-actualization to be very interesting. The idea of self-actualization in the last twenty years or so is one that has been forgotten, or perhaps the aim to become self-actualized...
  • Posted naturalistic observation: the real world study to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    While lab experimentation can yield valuable results in regards to the control of an independent variable naturalistic observation is more useful in the way that it allows for scientists to observe behavior without the influence of a lab, or of...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from decke196

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page