dadda002

• Commented on Katherine's Blog
    Re: Final Entry These thoughts provide me with a general understanding of your thought process, but I'd like to see a deeper engagement with the other presentations. The strongest reflection blogs were those that spent time analyzing the form and...
  • Commented on Grace's Blog- 12/11
    While I appreciate the gesture of commenting on each of the groups, I think your quick recaps stop short of thorough analysis. As such, the comments you offer here don't help me understand much about either the theatre-historical nature of...
  • Commented on Britty Blog 4
    Thanks for taking the time to comment on each group. I really appreciate that. Regarding your self-critique, I think you continue to reflect on this: you study performance in other classes, and one of things you learn (I imagine) is...
  • Commented on Britty Blog 3
    Ohhhh, you presented a great opportunity for deep thought in this entry but you didn't step into it all the way. I love the second paragraph. What particularly are you thinking about? What requires communication? Why should you be flexible...
  • Commented on Blog # 4 Wrap Up
    You'll get my comments on the final project soon, so for now I'll say that the most interesting part of the final reflection for me is the attention given to the relationship between form and content. When utilizing an engaging...
  • Commented on Kelsey Blog #3
    I can say the same thing about this entry as I did for another of your group members: Looking back at this third entry from the present moment (i.e., after the final presentation), everything looks intriguing. The risk your taking...
  • Commented on Josie's 3rd Blog
    Given the in-progress nature of this entry, it’s difficult to comment on your thought process. I’d like to see a bit more attention paid to the way process and product relate to or interfere with each other in these final...
  • Commented on Jane Blog 4
    This blog is by far the best one you've written. I very much appreciate how you read the other blogs in order to build your own responses. As you'll see when you receive my comments on your final presentation, I...
  • Commented on Jane Blog 3
    Looking back at this third entry from the present moment (i.e., after the final presentation), everything looks intriguing. The risk your taking with the performance may be worth it...I'm looking forward to your final reflection to see your own reflection...
  • Commented on Lura's Blog
    Regarding the final two blogs: You found a lot of very intriguing information, Lura, and I think you are right to acknowledge the burden of over-informing an audience. Still, as your peer's comment pointed out, your group presented an intriguing...
  • Commented on Amanda's Blog
    Re: Final Entry I agree that you group made some big strides with the research. The topic was difficult for all of you and yet you figured out a good way to present the information. Watching your section of the...
  • Commented on Nicole's Blog
    Re: Blog from Dec. 4 (and lack of final entry) The information you found on actos was clearly important to your group since it figured prominently in the presentation. I'm glad you did research up until the final presentation. But...
  • Commented on Riley
    Re: Blog #3 and the absence of Blog #4 Your third blog is compelling, completely in line with your previous entries. Unfortunately, without the fourth and final reflection, I'm not sure what you made of the entire process. I hope...
  • Commented on Catie
    Re: Final Blog You're raising many important questions in this entry, Catie. I think it's important to realize that you did have "direct research" to show. Your research, ultimately, was about the "hole" you perceived. Even though you were approaching...
  • Commented on Aaron's Blog Entries
    Re: Final Entry: Whoa! That Sforza story is intense, complicated, and fascinating. Even if you don't pursue that particular historical event, I hope your research skills will allow you to dig into any given subject. Good work with this final...
  • Commented on Katie's Blog Entries
    Re: Blog 4 Many great points here, Katie, as usual. Your ability to reference specific aspects of other groups' presentations was particularly nice to see. I think you'll see that I agree with much of your self-assessment when you receive...
  • Commented on Kacie's Blog Entries
    Re: Final Blog Entry I like your final entry very much. You establish a connection between the process and the product, thereby revealing how entwined those two things are. Over the last two years, I've noticed that you undertake a...
  • Commented on Sarah
    Re: FInal Entry Thank you for sharing your self-reflection and your ideas about the other groups. I agree with everything you said. Your critique of the form/content relation i the Ancient Roman Spectacle presentation is extremely important. You'll get more...
  • Commented on Lauren Tank - Final Blog Entry
    You should be proud of the work you and your group has done. I appreciate your reflection in this blog, and I encourage you to read your other group members' final entries in order to see other strategies of reflection...
  • Commented on Katie O'Neill Final Blog
    You mention some things here that I find helpful, especially the connection between process and product. You are right. It is difficult to narrow a research scope and then distill that information into a presentation for others. I'm glad you...
  • Commented on Emily Kolb Final Blog Entry
    Emily, thank you for your detailed reflection. Your motivation throughout this process has been terrific, and I think your ability to hold many ideas in your head simultaneously shows that you have great potential as a scholar and researcher. It...
  • Commented on Suzi Gard's Final Entry
    Truly wonderful entry here, Suzi. Thanks for taking time to assess not only your own project in great detail but also the other project as well. As you'll see from my comments to your presentation, I agreed with much of...
  • Commented on Megan Burns Final Blog Entry
    Megan, your enthusiasm is great. You also make some great observations about the relationship between form and content in the other presentations. Building on my last comment to you, I wish you had gone into some more detail with your...
  • Commented on Will Sullivan
    Regarding Blogs entries #3 and #4: When you receive my comments on your final presentation, you'll see that I agreed with much of your assessment. Additionally, I'd like to suggest that the research skills you developed during this process are...
  • Commented on Jacob's Blog
    Re: Final Blog The points you raise in your reflection are apt. Specifically, your attention to the relation between form and content is important. How you present information is just as important as what you present; the two dimensions inform...
  • Commented on Spencer Faust's Blog
    Re: Blog of Dec. 7 Some great points here, Spenser. I especially like your question regarding contemporary references and analogies. By saying something like, "Arrested Development is based on Commedia dell'Arte..." we are already making many abstract leaps. We have...
  • Commented on Amanda's Blog
    Re: Entry from Dec. 2 I still need some context for this entry in order to put your posts into perspective. Why precisely are you posting this information? What part of the group presentation are you in charge of? How...
  • Commented on Aaron's Blog Entries
    I'm still looking for a more nuanced reflection on the ideas you're coming across in your research, Aaron. Read over my previous comment and consider those ideas when you draft your final reflection. For that final entry, I'd like to...
  • Commented on Katie's Blog Entries
    Re: Week 3 Blog I'm glad to hear all the enthusiasm. This blog reads like a behind the scene sneak peek of your group's process, and that peek is most interesting for the ways in which you incorporated knowledge you...
  • Commented on Katherine's Blog
    Re: Third Entry I'm glad you decided to research this term, but I see a contradiction in the information you've provided. You say "Chicano rejects a Mexican-American identity." But then you say, "We are able to see that being Chicano...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dadda002

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page