burns603

• Posted Megan Burns Final Blog Entry to Elizabethan Theatre
    We did it! I thought the presentation went well and I was proud of us as a group. I think we definitely ran into the problem of too much information that we didn't know how to properly communicate it all....
  • Posted Annotated Bibliography for: Marlowe's Astronomy and Renaissance Skepticism to Elizabethan Theatre
    Johnson, Francis R. Marlowe's Astronomy and Renaissance Skepticism.ELH , Vol. 13, No. 4 (Dec., 1946), pp. 241-254 This article dealt with the way that astronomy is portrayed in Dr. Faustus and how that compares to conventional ideas of astrology/astronomy of...
  • Posted Megan Burns Entry #3 to Elizabethan Theatre
    Just a reflection on how I feel going into the presentation, and how the projects went so far. I feel like our group has a really strong argument, and strong research to back it up, it's now just a matter...
  • Posted Megan Burns Blog Entry 2 to Elizabethan Theatre
    Two things I've been thinking about this week: 1: I want to be the devil's advocate of this project. I think that Christopher Marlowe the man and Marlowe the myth are two different things. The information that I've been learning...
  • Posted Annotated Bibliography for Marlowe and God: The Tragic Theology of Faustus to Elizabethan Theatre
    Ornstein , Robert. "Modern Language Association." Modern Language Association. 83.5 (1968): 1378-1385. Web. 15 Nov. 2012. . Marlowe and God: The Tragic Theology of "Dr. Faustus" This article began with the prolific nature of Marlowe's play and also it's...
  • Posted Assignment 2: Structure of our paper to Elizabethan Theatre
    Elizabethan England and Marlowe Our plan is to present our project as a lecture in a compelling and dynamic way. Our lecture will be centered around the question of Christopher Marlowe; rebel? How was or wasn't he? What did that...
  • Posted OUR FIRST ASSIGNMENT:Narrow Your Scope to Elizabethan Theatre
    1. We will be researching Elizabethan Drama (not Shakespeare) 2. We will be looking at Christopher Marlowe and his play The Massacre at Paris and Tamburlaine and Faustus. 3. The social and political elements happening at the time include the...
  • Posted Marlowe's Wounds to Elizabethan Theatre
    http://www.jstor.org.ezp2.lib.umn.edu/stable/1261380?&Search=yes&searchText=marlowe&searchText=christopher&list=hide&searchUri=%2Faction%2FdoBasicSearch%3FQuery%3Dchristopher%2Bmarlowe%26gw%3Djtx%26acc%3Don%26prq%3Dchristopher%2Bmarlowe%26Search%3DSearch%26hp%3D25%26wc%3Don&prevSearch=&item=2&ttl=5049&returnArticleService=showFullText...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from burns603

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page