havik004

• Posted We are anonymous to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    Interesting book! So far I am intrigued and it's not quite what we have read before... Yes there are some areas I would be fine without that are a little too much for me to handle, but whatever. I am...
  • Posted Networked to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    Pg 1: "She slammed her head on a rock and was knocked unconscious." This start of the book grabbed my attention right away. What happened? Will she be ok? Does she need to go to the hospital? All these were...
  • Posted Berners-Lee 2 to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    Unfortunately this book does not get much more exciting for me. Like I said in my post last week it is hard for me to pay attention to all the details when all they talk about in this book is...
  • Posted Weaving the web blog 1 to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    For this blog post I am going to be completely honest about this book. I did not enjoy reading it and was struggling to process all the information. Don't get me wrong, the guy (Tim Berners-Lee) is a smart fellow...
  • Commented on It's the people, stupid
    Isn't this what Blum’s traveling around and asking questions is all about? To find "the tubes" and also the people who made this possible? I mean Blum keep interviewing and meeting new people so he can talk to them about...
  • Commented on It's the people, stupid
  • Commented on Joining Continents
    For me I do like the descriptions Blum does. He started right off the back in the book in the Prologue and continues on and on. I doubt this book would be anything for me to read if it weren’t...
  • Commented on Super Secret Internet Stuff
    "If they (google) had been open about the fact that they couldn't give Blum full access because the privacy of their users was more important than they wouldn't have come off as if they were trying hide the data instead...
  • Commented on Let's Hope He Doesn't Find Out About WiFi
    I am intrigued by this response. I might be more gullible than you, but I feel the same way Blum does. There must be a way the internet travels through machine to machine and from country to country. Does it...
  • Commented on The variety of connections throughout the Internet- Blog Week 2
    That is very true barri084! I think I just never thought of it that way, even though I know every computer has their own IP address... Not sure why I did not think about this before, but you are completely...
    True, the internet could not exist without humans working on the physical aspect of it. It seems like Blum is intrigued to find out how the internet and the real/physical world is connected. I also see how he is confused...
  • Commented on Reflection on 'Tubes' by Andrew Blum
    First of all... Wow! What a great post! It is so interesting to see how you long for a real word, but still respect the internet world as well. And I would agree with the last statement: "there is a...
  • Commented on It's What's on the Inside That Counts
    I would agree with both these two posts. Modern technology is both exciting and scary at the same time. I would say it is scary, because we never know when it is going to end. Blum opened my eyes as...
  • Posted Tubes and first blog entry! to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    When I bought the book "Tubes" for our class I had no idea why a book about the internet should have this name. I have never been much of a person who sits on the internet or on a computer...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from havik004

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page