Results tagged “#introductions”

Introduction

Hi, sorry for the delay of my post, I had some difficulty getting it to work.

My name is Kevin Gam and I'm studying communications. A fun fact about me is that I very much enjoy traveling, this last semester I traveled about 15,000 miles. Mostly by driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhze3-poTe8

This is a season finale to a season in Castle, my favorite television show. I really enjoy this scene because throughout all of Castle, the two main characters keep denying their affection for each other, and here they finally let out their feelings to each other.

Introductions

Looks like I'm a bit late on this, but I'm gonna post it anyways. I go by Tou, so you don't have to spend the extra second saying my full name. You can if you want, or some variation of it. Other people have come up with their own. I'm a junior majoring in Comm Studies. I'm taking this class because it sounded pretty cool in the description, and it made me want to learn what it's like to be part of the production crew. A lot of people I know urged me to join theater in high school, but I never did. Over winter break, I went up north to Lutsen for snowboarding, but the night we arrived, it had rained a bit and the slopes had frozen. I ended up falling halfway through the day and injured my wrist.

Favorite tv/movie scenes...I can't seem to pick one out. Well hmm...one just popped up. It's the ending scene to Memories of Murder. It's a Korean film about detectives to chase after a serial killer. *SPOILERS BOUND* In the end scene, one of the detectives returns to the scene of the murder several years later, and after a talk with a child passing by, he has a revelation and turns to face the audience as the movie fades out. I'm not a big Asian film fan (except old school martial arts films), but I really do enjoy most movies with that actor. The latest being "The Good, The Bad, The Weird." It's hilarious. Watch it.

Hi!

Hey everyone sorry this is late! My name is Rachel Patterson. I am a senior here at the University of Minnesota studying Communications and Mass Communications. I took this class because I love movies and television and see myself in a career in the entertainment industry. My biggest dream is to work on NBC's Today show!

I just watched Pitch Perfect a couple days ago (which is absolutely hilarious) and thought I would share a clip from it to start off the week! Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5oIorP3ruo

sorry it's late

Yo, my name is Austin Duket aka Duke The Fluke check out my mixtape @ http://www.datpiff.com/Duke-The-Fluke-Lecture-Notes-mixtape.429222.html (free download) and I just ate some chicken for dinner.

This is one of the best scenes in movie history because it makes no sense but I still get butterflies when I watch it. I would like to see how it would look in L-T-T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxJkAQFGEyo

Hello!

Hey guys,

My name is Megan McDougall. I recently relocated to Minneapolis this past summer from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I am a full-time student in the Communications department. Communicating is most literally a passion. I love networking and getting to know new people. I work in sales at a store named Madewell and it's the perfect mixture of meeting new people and styling clothes. In my free time, you can find me coloring or reading books with my ride or die, Ivy. She is the sassiest, most adorable 15 month old girl that I am so lucky to call my daughter. Being a single mama isn't easy, but it's the most rewarding and spectacular journey i've been on.

I'll leave y'all with a clip from arguably the best show ever made. In history. Here's a little Arrested Development. You can thank me later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3y00wvzeQs

Introductions

Hey guys, so my name is Robert Blumenberg but i usually go by Rob. Like I said in class dancing is the biggest part of my life and hopefully i can keep it that way (which is also one reason why i decided to take this class). I started dancing when i was about elevin, but just with friends. A few years later i started taking hip hop and lyrical classes and have been doing so ever since. I now currently choreograph for multiple studios/organizations/etc. and hope to add more!

I was drawn to this class because something that a lot of dancers/choreographers like me like to do is to take videos of their dances and put them online to be discovered by people looking to hire. Taking this class will hopefully give me the skills that I am looking for to make my videos look more professional and in turn, rack in some more views!

Here is a clip from one of my favorite movies of all time, The Raid Redemption. To give you some background essentially a SWAT team infiltrates a building owned by a drug lord in hope of catching him. Unfortunately they get surrounded from the outside and the teams only hope is to make it to the top of the building where the boss is. The clip (which is graphic so fair warning) is of a fight scene between the lead SWAT member, his older brother, and the mob boss' right hand man. Why i chose a martial arts scene like this is because i honestly think its amazing that actors can create these fights and then everyone else involved with the production uses different camera lighting and angles to make it look like the actors are actually beating the crap out of each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPQMU9lU3Q

Introduction

Jay Wu

Friends and everyone who he has introduced to know him as Jay. His full name is Jiaming Wu. He is of Chinese origin, born in China, raised in the US. He lives with his parents in the suburbs of Saint Paul. All his family are either in the east or west coasts of America. Being the pioneers of the family, they started a life in the middle of no where. Life hasn't really been a breeze for him, it took a lot of hard work and searching to get to where he is now. He recently, as in last semester, changed his major from economics to communications. It was a hectic semester and he was glad winter break came when it did. He took advantage of the break and traveled to China alone. Seeing his grandparents and other family drew tears to his eyes as he hasn't seen them in quite a long time. The trip was a mere one month compared to the long long time he spent in the US. To date, the best experience he has ever felt was a Chinese wedding. The wedding was a mix of modern and traditional taste. It was a very grandiose occasion in which much money was spent. As he said, his favorite movie is "A Walk to Remember".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqpPFT-F-bs

Here is clip from How I Met Your Mother. This clip is also a parody of movie trailers. HIMYM takes a realistic approach to friends and dating in the huge jungle of New York. It is full of mature and creative humor that one can really appreciate.

Introductions

Hey, my names Amanda but I go by Manna. I was born in Grand Forks, ND. My parents are Shannon and Bob Kopecky, I have a brother named Brandon, and a sister named Lindsay. I have lived in North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, England, and now Minnesota. I went to school in England from middle school till I graduated high school. I loved living there and the european lifestyle. Because of this time in England I want to be a youth leader for military kids. I can relate to them more and I cannot wait to work with them for the rest of my life. Most of my friends live all over the world and I get to travel all over the world to see them, so you could say I love to travel. Over the break I was able to add another country to my list and have now been to 22 countries.

Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Kelsey Deimel and I am from Waukesha, Wisconsin. I absolutely love to travel and experience different cultures. When I was younger I was involved in a group called People to People, which was one of the best experiences I had as a kid. With them I had the opportunity to travel to Australia, England and France. One of my favorite experiences in Australia was getting to watch the Aborigines dance to the didgeridoo and learning how to throw a boomerang correctly.

I was drawn to the Media Production course because I am a Communications Major and thought that this course would be a difficult yet interesting class. I loved to create music videos with my friends in high school and I believe this class will help me further my hobby by developing better production skills and techniques. The only experience I have with professional equipment is with the lighting and sound controls in my old high school theatre. This class can therefore teach me how to use different professional equipment and broaden my knowledge of media production.

A clip I would like to share with all of you is a trailer of the recently released movie of Les Miserables. I loved this movie's artistic vision and it was so interesting to see how different the director's ideas were, especially compared to the other live musicals I have seen of Les Miserables. The actors and actresses did amazing and it exceeded my expectations, which were very high because it has been my favorite musical since the third grade. I highly recommend seeing this movie, but I will warn you that it is entirely in song and is very depressing.

Self-Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Yanfei. You guys can call me Johnny. I am from China. I am really glad to study in University of Minnesota. I am really interested in photography. I just went to Louisiana and Texas during the winter break, and I took a lot of photos. The ten days trip was really awesome, and I saw a lot of interesting thing, such as cow boys culture and some wild animals.

As for movies, I think I like Die Hard series best, and I have watched them many times. Even though some of my friends said Die hard series are not real, which cannot happen in the real life. I think movie is always a tool which can show something that people wish they can do. Also, I really like Bruce Wills' acting in the movie. Unlike some roles having some super natural power in some movies, in Die Hard series, he acts like a normal people. There are no exaggeration when fighting with his enemies. The only thing may be sometimes he is so lucky that he is so hard to die. Besides, he always says a lot of funny things and witty idioms even though he is under dangerous situation. I really wish I could speak English as funny as him. Here below is the movie trailer of DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE.

Introductions

Hello everyone, this is Allyson. I'll get us started. One of the best things I've done somewhat recently was to take a canopy tour in the Blueridge Mountains. Basically, it's a lot of zip-lining between trees (like this person) and a tiny bit of rappelling. It was amazing. I can't wait to take another canopy tour. I would love to take a Redwood canopy tour sometime.

In addition to teaching COMM 3201 and writing about the digital game industry, I love watching TV. I'm particularly into sci-fi/fantasy/superhero related shows, very silly comedies, and all sorts of shows from the '90s. This clip is from a show that fits solidly in the "silly" category. "Look Around You" is a British comedy that spoofs 1970s/1980s educational films. I love the writing, and I appreciate the detail with which they created an aesthetic appropriate to the genre & time period, from sound design to set design to performance & video quality. (The "Maths" episode is one of my favorites, but it's a bit longer - just under 9 minutes).

Prompt #1: Introductions

Hi everyone, and welcome to the course blog for 3201.004. For your first post, introduce yourself (again) to your fellow 3201-ers. Tell us one thing about you that we didn't already learn in class (What did you do over the break? What is the best thing you've ever done/experienced? What drew you to a media production course? Etc.).

Then, share one image or clip from one of your favorite films, television shows or video games. Tell us what you like about the image/clip or about the television show/film/video game in general.

Please respond to this prompt in a separate post. If you are enrolled in this class you have already been added as an author of this blog. Log in to UThink and then create a new entry for this blog. Please use #introductions as a tag for this post (When you make your post, you'll see a field below for "tags". Type "#introductions" there).

1