Entries tagged with “FileMaker” from GPS Alliance Information Technology Knowledge Base
The Map allows you to launch FileMaker databases from a single location. It eliminates having to hunt down files among the many listed in the "Open Remote..." dialog box. The new map (renamed "Home") is completely customizable. You control what files are listed, the order in which they appear, and what image is associated with it. Home can also store links to web pages like the IT Knowledge Base and Support Tickets.
Locate "Database_Map" in your Dock and click it. Log in using your server credentials. It's okay to use the default Account Name which is probably your full name. Just be consistent each time you launch Home as this is how it knows what files to display.
The first time you launch Home it will prompt you for your unit in order to load a starting set of files.
To open a database, click it's name in the list. Home stays open in the background so you can get back to it by closing other files or clicking the Home button in the database you're working in.
Click the "Edit" button in the upper left to enter edit mode. To add a file, click the plus sign (+) in the upper right. A new record is created at the bottom of the list showing a drop-down list of all the possible files or web addresses.
In edit mode, click the red delete button to the left of an entry to remove it.
In edit mode, click on the text to edit it.
In edit mode, right-click on the image and select "Insert Picture..." from the drop-down menu. Select any image on your computer or the network. Small jpegs work best.
In edit mode, click on an entry you'd like to move up the list. Select "Move Up" from the Scripts menu.
Open the LCTL database.
On the Courses Tab, switch to list view by clicking the List button in the formatting bar.
Find for "Yes" in either the "Revision?" or "Delete?" fields.
Here's how to mark books as "damaged" or "missing" and take them out of circulation without having to delete the entire asset's record in the system.
Select the appropriate value from the Condition value list.
Click the green button adjacent to the status field to toggle whether the asset is out of circulation. Taking a book out of circulation removes it from search results in the online catalog.
Follow these instructions to process requests submitted through the Confucius Institute Resource Center. Orders submitted via the web land in the Confucius Institute Resource Center database and appear on the Requests tab.
- Match the borrower. Users submit orders using their email address. If their email address matches an email address in the borrower table, the user's name and address automatically fill. If the email address does not match an email address in the borrower table, they may still be a valid borrower but used a different email address on the online form. Use the Borrower ID drop-down list to match the request with a valid borrower. If the user is a new borrower, follow the guidelines for setting up new borrowers.
- Print Fulfillment List and gather materials. The Fulfillment List shows all the items and their shelf location. Use this list to gather the materials. Many items have multiple copies so take care to match the ID on the list with the ID on the item.
- Turn the request into a loan. Click the button to turn the request into a loan. The database creates a new loan and inserts the borrow information. Notice the loan references the online request number so you can always tell what loans originated as online requests.
- Add the materials to the loan. Add the materials to the loan as you normally do by scanning the item's bar code label. The database will alert you if you add an item that is not on the request.
- Print the receipt.
- Print a borrower label.
- Assemble and stage for shipping. Package the materials and receipt in a shipping envelope. Affix the borrower label.
- Ship item.
- Complete the shipping information. Record the courier and tracking number in the database. This will be used for tracking the package and will be sent in the confirmation email.
- Mark the request as shipped. Click the the button to mark the request as shipped will update the status and insert the current date in the shipped date field.
- Send email confirmation. Click the button to prepare a confirmation email.
- Pull down the Scripts menu to "Set Confucius Institute Hours..."
- Edit the text in the Hours window and click Save.