myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Results tagged “Full-Time MBA”

Improvising and Presenting
Sometimes, during my more vain moments, I daydream about giving some big public performance, like a super emotional speech in front of thousands. Or I'm playing King Richard III, in some giant theatre. Or I'm the amazingly good sounding (and looking) singer at the local karaoke place. Daydreaming is great.

Continue reading...

Accomplishments and Community

I started b-school at 31 years old, and in my 10 years of "real life experience" I have been an actor, an event coordinator, a lawyer, a producer and now, a consultant. Not to mention a student, in both law and business. While each aspect had its moment, the last year has been the "most". The most stressful. The most exciting. The most fulfilling. The most fun.

Continue reading...

Imagine my surprise, when what I learned in the classroom was EXACTLY what I needed at my job.

Continue reading...

My background

After spending 5 years in consulting in residential energy efficiency, I learned that I had a passion for management and wanted to expand my horizons. I looked at a number of public and private schools nationally, and I decided on Carlson for three reasons. First, I loved the community feeling and was deeply impressed by the high level of individual support. With each class in the low hundreds, Carlson is a place where I can actually know - and be known by - my classmates, professors, and staff.

Continue reading...

I once heard a joke: "There are four seasons in Minnesota: almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction." Funny, and sometimes it feels true (especially in the dead of January), but in reality, one of our best assets might be summer. So much to do, so much to see, and plenty of time to fit it all in. Thinking about coming to visit? Now might be a good time to drop by!

Continue reading...

As I look back at my first year in the Carlson MBA program, I am amazed by the amount of growth I experienced both personally and professionally. So much has happened in such a short period of time. It seems like just yesterday I was looking around at over 100 strangers from all different backgrounds and geographies, none of us knowing what to expect of each other and all uncertain of what the next year would bring.

Continue reading...

When I started high school I remember learning that I wouldn't be able to do both theatre and soccer after school, and that I would have to choose. I was devastated. I loved them both and I couldn't imagine missing out on either activity or either group of friends. I am the kind of person who loves to do it all and, given proper notification, can find time for nearly anything. Tell me I can't and surely, I will. But these lessons in prioritizing and choosing are inevitable, and the first year of the MBA program has proven to be no different.

Continue reading...

A Full-Time MBA 2nd Year student at the Carlson School of Management, I once described myself as an Engineer by education, an Analyst by profession and a Philosopher by choice! I am a firm believer in the strength of human character and feel that music, sports and literature have helped develop mine...

Continue reading...

If you have checked into Carlson's full-time MBA program, likely you've heard of the Enterprise programs - Brand, Consulting, Funds, and Ventures. They're a uniquely Carlson way of providing experiential learning to students. But what does that really mean? What do the programs entail? As a second year MBA student, here is my perspective.

Continue reading...

1