myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Results tagged “MBA”

Final Exam

There's no need to even be worried; I studied for hours with classmates this weekend, I've been keeping up in class, and taking notes on all of the lectures.

"Ha! Who am I kidding?!" A quick cram session is as obligatory an exercise before any test as the Hot Pockets jingle is an expectation of a Jim Gaffigan set.

Continue reading...

This program offered a global experience that was far more educational and authentic than any I could have had on my own. The Carlson students on the program spoke intimately with Chinese business executives about their work and the Chinese consumer market, they were invited to meals at local restaurants, karaoke, and even an end-of-year social exclusive to MBA students at Tsinghua University and their friends.

Continue reading...

After taking time to reflect on my summer and internship experiences to date, I noticed that as my list of personal and professional contacts continues to grow, I am struggling to manage this ever expanding social network.

Continue reading...

As I look back at my first year in the Carlson MBA program, I am amazed by the amount of growth I experienced both personally and professionally. So much has happened in such a short period of time. It seems like just yesterday I was looking around at over 100 strangers from all different backgrounds and geographies, none of us knowing what to expect of each other and all uncertain of what the next year would bring.

Continue reading...

If you've been admitted to Carlson's Class of 2015, then congratulations to you! As you prepare to leave your workplaces in the next few months, here are a few pieces of advice from my own experience.

Continue reading...

The start of Spring B term at Carlson is really a new beginning for first-year MBAs in the Full-Time program. Here's a quick look at three of the things I'm most excited about:

Continue reading...

When I decided to get an MBA, I wanted to expand my career opportunities and acquire some new skills, but I also wanted to take two years to focus on developing myself in broader sense. I knew that MBA programs, partly by design, offer and demand more than you can manage. They force you to make tough choices about where to spend your time and to learn how to turn out work and influence outcomes under significant constraints.

Continue reading...

If you've been researching Carlson, then you've probably picked up on the "community" theme. That sense of a shared bond and the mutual support it entails was important to me when I was considering business schools. I expected students to have the kind of trust and collegiality that enables them to take risks and to challenge each other in the classroom. I also expected alumni to talk about how their business school networks opened doors for them later in their careers. What I didn't consider, though, was how that sense of community would impact the experience of interviewing for internships.

Continue reading...

Back to Basics - The MBA Application

I'm often amazed at the number of questions I get about what exactly one needs to include in their Carlson application. This blog will clearly lay out everything that you need to know about the application process, including: deadlines, application, transcripts, GMAT or GRE score, professional references, person statement, English language testing (if applicable), application fee, current resume, and interviews.

Continue reading...

finance.jpg
The CFA (Chartered Financial Analysts) Society of Minnesota recently celebrated 60 years as an organization.

Continue reading...

Forté Board of Directors

Excellent news was recently released by Forté announcing our own Michelle Chevalier, Director of the Graduate Business Career Center, to their Board of Directors.

Forté Foundation is a consortium of major corporations and top business schools that has become a powerful change agent in educating and directing talented women toward leadership roles in business.

The Carlson School is proud to partner with Forté and, each year, we select two Forté Fellows from our incoming Full-Time MBA class at Carlson. Forte Fellows are awarded full-tuition scholarships and benefit from participation in the Forte Fellows Program.

Continue reading...

Women in Business

As the number of women in science and engineering continue to grow, a recent Catalyst report highlight some interesting statistics about women in business in the United States.

Women make up 46.6% of the U.S. labor force and 51.4% in management, professional and related occupations. Yet, in positions of leadership, only 14.1% of Fortune 500 executive officers are women, 16.1% of Fortune 500 board seats are held by women, women account for only 7.5% of Fortune 500 top earners and 3.4% of Fortune 500 CEOs are women. This percentage represents only 17 women who currently hold CEO positions at companies that rank on the most recently published Fortune 500 list.wlc-header1.jpg

Continue reading...

Have you heard? Financial Times recently released its rankings of the top 100 business schools in the world and the Carlson School of Management is on this list!

Continue reading...

I am excited to announce that Peter Woxland will be joining the Carlson MBA admissions team starting Monday, February 6, 2012. Peter comes from extensive higher education experience and has most recently been working on our Carlson MBA Student Affairs team as Registrar & Advising Manager for the Part-Time & Full-Time MBA programs.

Continue reading...

1