myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Results tagged “Part-Time MBA”

The Carlson Charity Auction
Benefiting the annual Carlson Charity Auction is one of Carlson's best traditions. Hosted by Carlson 4 Community (C4C), a student organization, and various corporate partners, the auction is a classy and fun way for the Carlson community to give back. And with an assortment of exotic items to bid on and a solid bar/food scene for this year's auction, I had an absolute blast.

Continue reading...

Learning from the true

An article last February highlights what I view to be one of the most valuable initiatives Carlson can provide to it's MBA students, encouraging veterans to enter the MBA program.

Continue reading...

Thoughts of a Recent MBA Graduate

I recently graduated from Carlson's Part-Time MBA Program this past May, and the Carlson experience was more than I could have ever imagined!

Continue reading...

Lisa Richardson, My Background

I chose Carlson because it was the only MBA program in the Twin Cities I had heard of when I researched schools while living in Boston. The brand and quality associated with Carlson were the main decision factors for me in selecting a school.

Continue reading...

The MBA: A new perspective on my job

My name is Joe Heinert, '12 MBA. Once I made the decision to get my MBA, The Carlson School was my choice because it offered a flexible part-time program, a personalized program that allowed me to choose my own courses, and world-class professors that would maximize my experience. It was also easy because my wife, Rosie Heinert ('11 MBA), was also in the program.

Continue reading...

How negotiation class has shaped the way I bargain, every day.

Continue reading...

Now that I'm 3/4 done with my program, it's getting harder to pick classes. I've gotten so much out of every class that I've taken, that I want to take them all. Some of my choices are:
Management of Groups
Management of Innovation and Change
Preparing and Implementing the Business Plan
Marketing Research
International Environment of Business

Continue reading...

Who Am I?

I'm currently a Finance Director at UnitedHealth Group. Prior to starting a career at UHG, I was in a consulting role at Accenture and I began my career in corporate accounting for Sprint Corporation in Kansas City. I attended undergrad at the University of Iowa and am still an avid Hawkeye fan. I reside in St. Louis Park with my wife of 7 years.

Continue reading...

When I joined the Carlson MBA program, I wasn't sure if I would participate in a Study Abroad experience but I knew Carlson required an International Experience of some sort. Up until last fall, I thought I would just take the International Experience class to fulfill this requirement. Balancing a Part-Time MBA schedule along with full time work and personal life felt like enough without adding in a few weeks of travel out of the country.

Continue reading...

For those of us who decide to embark upon an MBA program, it is a major life decision. Many of us are working full time and have families at home - either a spouse, kids, or both. My situation wasn't any different. I was working at Target Corporation downtown Minneapolis in a job I loved but one that kept me extremely busy. I had just gotten married the year before and was living in Hudson, WI but currently in search of a house closer to Minneapolis in order to avoid the 45 minute commute every day.

Continue reading...

Thumbnail image for MBA-Bromen.JPGSiblings Paige and Paul Bromen have both decided to complete their MBA degrees at the Carlson School but by different paths. Paige has decided on the flexibility of the Part-Time MBA, while Paul has taken the plunge and dived into the Full-Time MBA. Both have their reasons for choosing their programs and Paige shared why she chose the Carlson Part-Time MBA.

Continue reading...

1