Midtown, Minneapolis

There is a major difference between knowing the place by driving and walking. The first time I drove through Midtown on Lake Street, my first impression was: It's not too bad, doesn't look dangerous. But my opinion changed after I walked around Midtown. I took the Hiawatha Light Rail Line to Midtown and it didn't feel too pleasant to be walking down Lake Street. Between the Hiawatha Line and 26th Avenue SE is very unpleasant because there is an ally way that runs behind the Target along highway and the ally leaves pedestrains vulnerable to being mugged. Also the traffic makes it difficult to cross during rush hour. Making the it inconvient to get to the railway station.

Phenomena

Phenomena is a constitue of the physical realm. There are four constitues of the physical realm which are THINGS, FRAMEWORKS, CLOCKWORKS, AND PHENOMENA.

Things are objects which consist of mass and matter, size shape and formal attributes, and are comparable to other things.
Example: Apples and Pears. They are both fruits and they have different shapes, sizes and color. They also have different skins and texture of the skins.

"Frameworks are fixed numbers of things in invariant relationships or characteristics of the object."
Example: Apple and Pears both have stages before they are ripe. They begin as a ablossoms, in time they will ripe if they obtain enough nutrients if not then they skip a phase and drop to decompose, and afterwards they will fall off the tree and decompose.

"Clockworks are frameworks in which fixed numbers of things start with a given set of mutal relationships but changes through a period of time and returns to it's original set relationships."
Example: Apples and Pears blossom from rose like flowers on trees in the spring and contiues to ripe as long as they recieve enough nutrients from bees transfering nector and pollen. Then they ripe, fall off tree and decompose. Then next year the phase starts all over again.

"Phenomena is a fact or event that appears or percievable by one of the senses." In other words phenomena are complex things that incorporate things, frameworks and clockworks. Phenomena has orgins, destination, purpose, boundries, duration, structure and sub-structure and can be modeled to various degrees of accuracy.
Example: Apples and Pears
Purpose: It's there to serve as food?
Destination and Boundary: Anywhere it's capable of growing. (Warm climates with nutrious soil and proper precipitation).
Duration: The seasons, spring-blossoms, summer-ripes, autumn-decomposes and winter-decomposed.
Structure: The shape, size, texture, mass, and matter that makes up the object. Sub-structure can be it's seeds and stem. All these subjects make up Phenomena.

Who am I and why am I here?

I am Tony Chang, a undergraduate freshmen who is currently attending the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. I am enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts and I am currently exploring the field of architecture. Why architecture?

-It all began with my Hotwheels and Matchbox vehicles as a child. It never seemed right, vehicles but no city or roads, so I created them with masking tape, construction paper, glue, empty boxes, writting utencils: markers, crayons, pencils... and my imagination. Although I did get into a lot of trouble, I kept designing avoiding violations: such as drawing skyscrappers on the walls. I eventually discovered LEGOS at the age of five but didn't posses the knowledge to wield the blocks into objects. At the age of seven I rediscovered LEGOS and thus the became a LEGO MANIAC constructing whatever came into mind.

I had a tough decision of what I wanted to become: Architect or Carpenter? Decided to do architecture because, I somewhat dislike working in an environment that are noisy and requires physical strength and endurance. So I've come here to become an Architect maybe not?