Back from the dead

What's the Meta is back from a long hiatus, and will be publishing weekly (or more frequently) for the near future.

Continue reading "Back from the dead" »

RLG News appearance

I'm in the latest issue of RLG News, talking about initiatives at the University Libraries in the area of publishing and open content. Check it out:

http://www.rlg.org/en/pdfs/rlgnews/news63/news63_3.pdf

The part of my quote that explains how what we do relates to Google et al was chopped off, so i am afraid it makes me sound like I am blathering on in ignorance of those larger initiatives. The sentence that got left out was, " We see the interest in the above-mentioned initiatives as validating, informing and adding momentum to our efforts." So there you go. Thanks to my supervisor, Barb Stelmasik, for crediting me with this line, which I had contributed to her report to RLG.

Presentation on Digital Libraries

For the second year in a row, Shane Nackerud asked me to speak to his LIS753: Internet Fundamentals class at the College of St. Catherine, specifically on the topic of digital libraries. I decided to do a whole new version of the talk this year. It can be found here.

Welcome!

This weblog is designed to share information on new initiatives and ongoing projects at the University of Minnesota Libraries that make use of metadata in a central or unique way.

Continue reading "Welcome!" »