« Lecture 13 Notes | Main | Lecture 14 Notes »

"Background Correction in Atomic Absorption Utilizing the Zeeman Effect"

Please read this paper for in-class discussion on 10/29/2012.

Discussion Questions:

1. Why is background correction so important when using a furnace as the atomizer?
2. What is meant in the statement, "...possibility of inaccurate correction if the background is structured..."? Why is a continuum source background correction insufficient in this case?
3. The authors state that one of their goals in this work is to "... indicate how implementation of the Zeeman effect influences such factors as sensitivity and analytical range for many of the commonly determined elements." Summarize their results related to this goal.
4. Are the sensitivity trends the same for normal and anomalous Zeeman splitting? Why or why not?
5. Why does hyperfine structure (splitting of different J values) influence Zeeman corrected sensitivity?
6. Why is the artificial seawater sample matrix so disadvantageous when using continuum source background correction? Why is the Zeeman corrected spectrum improved?
7. What is the role of the monochromator's spectral bandpass in both continuum source and Zeeman corrected AA spectra?
8. Compare and contrast the three methods used to perform Zeeman correction: DC magnet around the atomizer, AC magnet around the atomizer, and DC magnet around the hollow cathode lamp.

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

Whatgood work! You are the pride of our class.
adidas nitrocharge 1.0 release date http://www.lakewindermere.net/html/adidas-nitrocharge-1-0-release-date.html

思歪影院涵盖最新电影、好看的电影、经典电影、电影推荐、免费电影、高清电影在线观看及海量最新电影图文视频资讯!