Colton Iverson Leaves Gopher Basketball

Junior forward-center, Colton Iverson, of the University of Minnesota, has been granted a release from his scholarship and will be transferring to another school.
Five players, including Iverson, have left the basketball team since February 2010, the Star Tribune reported.
"I just want to say that my experience at the U has been great but my family and I [have] decided that it is best for me to move on," Iverson said in an e-mail Friday to the Pioneer Press. "Minnesota is a proud program and I wish them the best of luck in the future."
The Pioneer Press reported that the team's spokesman, Matt Slieter, said he could not "confirm or deny" the reports. He also said that the Gophers coach, Tubby Smith, wasn't available for comment Friday.
Iverson can play next season for an NCAA Division II or III school, the Star Tribune explained, but if he transfers to a Division I program, he will not be allowed to play until 2012-13.
The Gophers are now expected to replace Iverson with Elliot Eliason, a redshirted freshman this season, and freshman Mo Walker, who suffered a season-ending knee injury, the Pioneer Press reported.

This page contains a single entry by chazi013 published on March 26, 2011 4:51 PM.

First Female VP Candidate Dies at 75 was the previous entry in this blog.

McRunner Eats Only McDonalds for Marathon is the next entry in this blog.