McRunner Eats Only McDonalds for Marathon

Joe D'Amico, 36, trained for the Los Angeles Marathon on Sunday, a 26.2 mile race, by eating a diet that consisted only of McDonalds.
"I'm not out to prove anything or disprove anything," D'Amico said to ABC News. "It's really an experiment of one."
D'Amico, a marathon runner and suburban dad from Palatine, Ill., documented his McDonalds diet in his blog, "Confessions of a Drive-Thru Runner," reported ABC News.
D'Amico's blog incorporated everything he ate, which includes 91 hotcakes, 24 orders of oatmeal, 23 hamburgers, 24 chicken "Snack Wraps" and lots of McDonald's cookies, the Huffington Post reported.
NBC Chicago reported that he ran about 349 miles in a one-month period while his mornings were marked with orange juice, hot cakes and an Egg McMuffin.
"I felt the need to challenge myself and decided to combine two things I love: McDonald's and running," D'Amico said to the Daily Herald. "My wife said I was crazy, so that solidified it for me."
According to the Huffington Post, Palatine Patch reports that D'Amico ended up raising more than $26,000 for Ronald McDonald's charities.
The runner pledged to donate $1 per Facebook fan on his McRunner page through March 20 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities, and raise an addition $2,500 via his fundraising page, donations came rolling in when news of his story spread, the Huffington Post explained.

This page contains a single entry by chazi013 published on March 27, 2011 1:53 PM.

Colton Iverson Leaves Gopher Basketball was the previous entry in this blog.

Two Reuters Journalists Missing In Syria is the next entry in this blog.