New Autobiography Image

Photo48-1-1.jpg

Autobiographical Statement

I was born on September 10, 1990, in Saint Paul, MN. I was given the name Chinna Chea. I don't have a middle name, just Chinna Chea. My nationality is Cambodian and Chinese. As a child I was a big crybaby. My mother would describe me as a happy child that cried a lot. I would cry for no apparent reason. If I saw my older sister crying or my little brother I would cry myself just because they were crying. Now that I'm grown up, I don't consider myself to be a crybaby. I don't cry as much, but I can sure say that I am a follower more than a leader. That's just how I am. I work as a team and I like being surrounded my amazing positive people. I'm not much of a leader, I could be independent, but I would prefer being in a group.

Week One Photos

Window.JPG

Guitar.JPG

Door.JPG

Week Two Photos

Shine.JPG

Fog Window.JPG

reflection.JPG

Week Three Photos

Temple1.JPG

Temple2.JPG

Emma.JPG

emma1.jpg

Week Four Photos

draw sketch.jpg

drawing.jpg

thinking.jpg

Final Video (Butterfly)

Week Six Photos

DSC01436.JPG

DSC01433.JPG

DSC01435.JPG

The Best of All Possible Worlds

Jasmine Wallace
[ Drain ]
Jasmine piece of work that was display on the wall reminded me of different elements in nature. There were flowers, plants, rocks, and even newspaper rolled up into tiny cylinders that formed into what seemed to look like honey bee hive homes. All of those combined into one to represent what she thought of the world. Like many of the other artists art work displayed I've noticed her work strikingly compared to others because it was not only displayed on the wall, but also on the floor as well. I enjoyed viewing the splatter on the floor. I felt like the art work was melting off the wall onto the floor. Which showed the elements contain within Jasmine's master piece. Inside of the paper mache there was more life. As oppose to looking at it only from the outside, I only would have saw a form of a tree trunk, ready to erupt from the ground. Hidden in a way that no one could see the depth meaning of Jasmine's world.
Laura Primozic
[ And Then There Was One ]
Laura's art work was a bit confusing to me. I wasn't sure what she was trying to convey with the flowers on one side of the massive objects that looked to be like cans of some sort. Perhaps waste from what our population has led up to. The candle wax that was used to demonstrate water worked out perfectly. However I think maybe adding a darker color to even out the objects that was above the wax could have made her project more interesting. The flowers were beautiful, but I didn't understand the concept between the cans vs the flower on ice. I'm not sure what I was looking for with her piece.

3 Minutes Film Sequence

Where the Wild Things Are

One particular scene that had scared me a bit in this movie was when Max (the main boy character) who was running away from his friend Carol (the big main Monster character) to get away from Carol's mad lash out when he found out that Max was lying to him about have immoral powers. This particular scene he hid away from Carol by hiding in Judith's mouth (another monster female character). When Max was hidden away inside Judith's mouth I was terrified because inside of her was dark. There was no way out. There was a limited of light showing from the top portion, which was when she was speaking to Carol. You could here the voices arguing inside of Judith's stomach, which showed how thick and hallow her body was. There were no organs of any type of blood inside which made it less scary but there were slimy liquid substances within her that made it seem a little disgusting. There were a lot of things going on in that scene. Another instance happen after she pulled Max out of her mouth. While inside of Judith's body I had that same sense of compelling feeling for Max of loneliness and hopelessness as he sat besides Judith. The music was soft and sad, which gave the same emotion captured with the darkness inside of Judith's body. There are so many ways you can use and manipulate effects to make the audience feel or react a certain you want them to if you play it right. Timing is just as important.