Recently in Burnet Art Gallery Category

Burnet Art Gallery

Burnet Art Gallery

The artwork that stood out mostly to me was the "(Old) - No one in particular #6", created by Evan Penny. I didn't notice the piece of artwork until I sat down and looked up. It startled me for a second when I realize how humanistic it looked like. The distinct feature of minor imperfection this imitation of human form this artist created was unbelievable. If the artwork was made in realistic size I wouldn't be able to tell if this "old guy" was real or not. From the side few, the artwork looked almost 3-D. I couldn't tell if there was some sort of illusion that this artist was trying to convey. As soon as you're facing it head on. It doesn't look like it was on paper. I wonder what material was used to make this man. How long it took. What inspired this artist to make something so beautiful? Another piece of artwork I admired were the "Elemental", created by Juxtaposition. A whole group of artist had given a new meaning to take the stairs instead of the elevator. I had a hard time viewing the images on the cement walls as I was going down the step because I was so heavily concentrated on the drawing right before my eyes. The city buildings I like the most because it reminded me of my hometown. I live in the cities and I love it here. I'm use to hearing all of the relentless sounds of the sirens and cars driving back and forth near my house. I can't stand the silence or being alone for a certain amount of time. I think living in the cities had made me realize I need to be surrounded by something to feel at ease. That image of the city reminds me of my life and where I grew up.