Recently in The Best of All Possible Worlds Category

The Best of All Possible Worlds

Jasmine Wallace
[ Drain ]
Jasmine piece of work that was display on the wall reminded me of different elements in nature. There were flowers, plants, rocks, and even newspaper rolled up into tiny cylinders that formed into what seemed to look like honey bee hive homes. All of those combined into one to represent what she thought of the world. Like many of the other artists art work displayed I've noticed her work strikingly compared to others because it was not only displayed on the wall, but also on the floor as well. I enjoyed viewing the splatter on the floor. I felt like the art work was melting off the wall onto the floor. Which showed the elements contain within Jasmine's master piece. Inside of the paper mache there was more life. As oppose to looking at it only from the outside, I only would have saw a form of a tree trunk, ready to erupt from the ground. Hidden in a way that no one could see the depth meaning of Jasmine's world.
Laura Primozic
[ And Then There Was One ]
Laura's art work was a bit confusing to me. I wasn't sure what she was trying to convey with the flowers on one side of the massive objects that looked to be like cans of some sort. Perhaps waste from what our population has led up to. The candle wax that was used to demonstrate water worked out perfectly. However I think maybe adding a darker color to even out the objects that was above the wax could have made her project more interesting. The flowers were beautiful, but I didn't understand the concept between the cans vs the flower on ice. I'm not sure what I was looking for with her piece.