A Taste of Portland Today | Main | Arctic Blast

No Want for Things to Do

I am at the point of convergence in my education and professional experiences. When I moved to Minneapolis two years ago, I was a little sad that all the things I had going in Portland were put on hold and/or ended for me to come out here. I had no connections, no projects...

And now, I feel like I have too many projects! I suppose I could learn to say no once in awhile but the fact is, as a doctoral student, saying yes to the projects that advance my career are a good thing! Right now, there's a lot of potential projects, though! I should probably list them here as a way to take stock in just how overcommitted I really am, but I feel like guarding my tacit knowledge today.

So how have I spent the break? Crocheting a very ugly blanket from skeins of yarn left over from the 70s, creating playdough projects with a three year old, and avoiding the countless tasks at hand. Above all: trying not to feel guilty for taking a break. After all, everyone needs a vacation, right?

Posted by chri1010 at January 10, 2005 2:48 PM

Never feel guilty for focusing on you while in grad school. The career-advancing-projects can wait, but a three-year-old will be four soon...

Posted by: Danielle at January 11, 2005 7:40 AM

Remember personal info?