New! Signs of the Cities | Main | Where is the equity in the strategic plan?

Rejuvenation in San Francisco!

Right now, I'm biding my time, waiting for my midnight flight to the cities. While I'm definitely NOT thrilled to be on tonight's red eye, this trip to San Francisco has been incredible.

We came out here for the Comparative and Education Society conference at Stanford. Chris and I both presented--I gave two papers, one alone and one with my former advisor. Both went well, although I was a little disappointed to be the last presentation of the conference. I had a fairly small audience, but those who were there were definitely interested in what I had to say. One woman in particular seemed to be pleasantly challenged by my topic, and that was really inspiring.

Right now, I'm feeling really motivated, not only to get my orals done, but also to move on to the dissertation and just get finished. I had too many people asking me where I was faculty at--I don't want to have to keep saying, "Well, actually, I'm a doctoral student...."

So, enough sitting around! I'm ready to get back to the cities and get on with things!

Posted by chri1010 at March 27, 2005 7:40 PM

After losing my mother in law to lung cancer because of heavy smoking, any improvement in the technology to save more lives would be excellent. Any one which does not have to experience what our friends and family has gone as a result of is doing the earth an excellent service to all.

Posted by: Kirby Cappellano at August 10, 2012 8:42 AM

Thank God the nightmare is eventually over! Now if they could shutdown Facebook then life would be complete.

Posted by: Tax Fraud Melbourne at August 20, 2012 1:54 PM

So much excellent information on here. I discovered it on google.

Posted by: grants for school at August 30, 2012 3:02 PM

Sorry, I seems to duplicated the comment here.

Posted by: get well soon at August 30, 2012 11:01 PM

Nice a single, is it bringing in much traffic?
Karen recently posted..World Of Warcraft - It's Time To Play

Posted by: getwellwishes.org/get-well-soon at August 30, 2012 11:27 PM

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Superb work!

Posted by: ranch homes for sale at August 31, 2012 7:00 AM

Hey there! I've been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!

Posted by: pay loans at August 31, 2012 10:00 AM

Terrific... I have to concur this web page is providing an incredible resource. Keep it up. Melinda Jenson

Posted by: Rosanna Valido at August 31, 2012 11:16 PM

Oops, the should say "The beginning of February. I signed up on the 3rd."

Posted by: Wilbert Pilley at October 28, 2012 8:57 AM

A Winnebago with a little car in tow.

Posted by: Davis Kijak at November 7, 2012 6:56 PM

I am impressed with this web site , really I am a fan .

Posted by: Gena Fagg at December 12, 2012 5:07 PM

Would anyone who has been a part of your program from the beginning mind sending me copies from the prior letters? I am signed up now but unfortunately did not hear of the until now. Many, many many thanks in advance.

Posted by: Sparkle Grothoff at January 10, 2013 3:41 PM

Thank you for your blog.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.

Posted by: top bookmarking sites at January 16, 2013 12:14 PM

I'd like to live on Kauai. It was small, quiet, and it had lots of opportunities for an adventure.

Posted by: Scotty Hitchen at January 27, 2013 9:45 AM

Ditto to Ginny re: publishing the earlier letters for new subscribers. Alsocan you tell us who wrote the January letters?

Posted by: Margurite Jaarda at February 19, 2013 1:54 AM

Good – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, website theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task..

Posted by: Jamel Devins at June 30, 2013 8:56 AM

Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Nice task..

Posted by: Louisa Bewley at June 30, 2013 10:21 AM

Major thankies for the post.Thanks Again. Fantastic.

Posted by: amazing news at August 2, 2013 12:19 PM

irqmVa Fantastic post. Really Great.

Posted by: greatest news at August 2, 2013 6:08 PM

Friendly relationship may be the Coptis groenlandica which will ties their spirits of all of the earth.

Posted by: gucimarque at August 8, 2013 9:01 AM

I wander approx. I love these eso gold, comfort. These eso gold are functional while looking stylish !

Posted by: eso gold at March 31, 2014 2:21 AM

Remember personal info?