So long, an update | Main | On getting some professional advice

Another milestone passed

Sunday nights and Wednesdays (all day) are designated "me time." This semester just doesn't seem very conducive to getting much of anything done. However, I think I passed a major PhD milestone this week--I sent in my first job application! I have vowed to apply for a few jobs this year, even if it seems early, just to get the experience and see what happens. Right now, I'm in fear of being hopelessly unemployed and overqualified to work retail. We'll see.

I just got back from a great conference--one of the best I've attended, in my opinion. The American Evaluation Association held its annual conference along with the Canadian Evaluation Society in Toronto, Ontario, and I was even lucky enough to present! I've presented at several conferences, international and regional, and I have to say that this crowd was much more academic than I've experienced in awhile. They asked some good, tough questions and got me thinking in new ways. Success, I'd say.

In addition, I got to meet some big name evaluators/researchers. I think my favorite was meeting David Fetterman, not only because I really do like his work, and I really didn't sound like a complete and bumbling idiot when I was talking to him, but later on, several days later into the conference, he saw me again, and his eyes met mine, and he smiled and nodded in recognition. Ah, academic hero worship! I may not be somebody yet, but David Fetterman knows me. For someone as much into ethnography as I am, that's pretty cool.

Posted by chri1010 at November 7, 2005 12:54 AM

Very useful, many thanks. Generally remember the old adage: "Keep it simple, stupid" especially true for forms.

Posted by: Grover Blasingim at September 19, 2012 3:17 PM

Well I definitely enjoyed studying it. This post provided by you is very practical for accurate planning.

Posted by: website laten maken at September 24, 2012 5:00 AM

I want to get across my admiration for your generosity for individuals who absolutely need assistance with this one area of interest. Your special commitment to passing the message up and down appears to be extremely effective and have specifically helped others just like me to achieve their objectives. Your important hints and tips can mean a great deal a person like me and additionally to my office workers. Regards; from everyone of us.

Posted by: french kissing at September 25, 2012 3:49 PM

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! "By nature, men are nearly alike by practice, they get to be wide apart." by Confucius.

Posted by: youtube2mpeg at September 27, 2012 3:06 AM

4X TRADING FOREX MICRO ACCOUNT daily fx charts http://www.jaceyonline.com/statusnet/notice/241394

Posted by: FOREX SECRET INDICATOR at September 29, 2012 6:56 PM

Very efficiently written article. It will be supportive to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing - i will definitely read more posts.

Posted by: maak website online at October 7, 2012 7:43 AM

But wanna admit that this is very helpful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

Posted by: Isidro Piccirillo at October 9, 2012 12:09 PM

I'm not sure why but this web site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

Posted by: More Material at October 9, 2012 4:48 PM

Utterly pent written content, Really enjoyed looking at.

Posted by: Glass Sliding Doors at October 10, 2012 3:49 AM

Appreciate it for all your efforts that you have put in this. Very interesting information. "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither." by Clive Staples Lewis.

Posted by: next at October 11, 2012 2:37 AM

I don't normally comment but I gotta say thank you for the post on this amazing one :D.

Posted by: Full Movie at October 13, 2012 10:25 AM

Whose bread I eat his song I sing.

Posted by: rear wheel horsepower converter at October 14, 2012 9:20 AM

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have created some nice procedures and we are looking to exchange strategies with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

Posted by: More inspiring ideas at October 23, 2012 1:45 PM

Hiya! My wife and I frequently publish guest posts for other website owners to help gain publicity to our work, as well as provide great articles to weblog owners. It really is a win win situation! If you're interested feel free to email me at: Carolin.Milosevich@web.de so we can discuss further. Many thanks!

Posted by: Read the Full at October 30, 2012 9:42 PM

Hello, i really like watching your blog. I like the way its put together, and totally dig the concept. Is there any way to subscribe to your site?

Posted by: link site at November 7, 2012 6:21 PM

i believe you intended expletive. just take a glance at your personal spelling prior to you assess many others you dink.

Posted by: Kieth Merando at November 20, 2012 12:06 AM

My brother does free web design. I told him to stop but he states it gives him experience.?

Posted by: Corporate Brochures at November 21, 2012 2:12 AM

I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one today..

Posted by: singapore health tips at November 21, 2012 1:09 PM

Greetings! Vastly helpful guidance within this post! It is the little changes that produce the most focal changes. Gratitude for sharing!

Posted by: shot peening equipment at November 22, 2012 11:12 AM

Thanks for these guidelines. Solitary fixation I also trust is credit cards providing a 0% interest time and again plea to consumers in zip rate, second approval and painless on-line balance transfers, nevertheless beware of the number one factor that can void your 0% straightforward streets yearly percentage rate and too bowl you out hooked on the humble house rapid.

Posted by: used blue m ovens at November 23, 2012 1:18 PM

It's funny that you would write this as I have been in the progress of checking for data on this topic. Thanks for the input on the topic.

Posted by: blog at November 26, 2012 5:53 AM

Between me and my husband we've owned more MP3 players over the years than I can count, including Sansas, iRivers, iPods (classic & touch), the Ibiza Rhapsody, etc. But, the last few years I've settled down to one line of players. Why? Because I was happy to discover how well-designed and fun to use the underappreciated (and widely mocked) Zunes are.

Posted by: sytropin at November 29, 2012 3:32 PM

Can you please forward me the code for this script or please inform me in detail regarding this script?

Posted by: {jack|john|owen} at December 4, 2012 5:21 PM

Magnificent bit,I do think you could have certainly launched a internet site I've got to get back every day. Stay the best.

Posted by: Benjamin at December 5, 2012 1:24 AM

That's good post, I've learned a lot from it. You make the point.

Posted by: Codereader at December 13, 2012 8:16 PM

Nice Share. i wanted to add your post on my blog which i run my own to promote the same idea, may i've your mail so we would better in touch with eachother.

Posted by: Guest Post at December 24, 2012 2:29 PM

Many many thanks for this article! Some truly inspriational designs here. LC

Posted by: Jewel Marich at January 4, 2013 9:42 AM

What a great story! I hope each Clay and Steven hold the time in their lives! Remember to get lots of pictures to the follow up. This produced might day.

Posted by: Ebony Poaipuni at January 4, 2013 11:03 PM

Have said many not rain, I have not moved, some feel uneasy: Yes, Laoshan Zixia" verse, one of Qingdao's "vein". "how do you know my heart is not good". and do not want to say. do not let them near the trunk half step. it murmuring, whereas autumn coolness.

Posted by: cheap red bottom at January 8, 2013 3:55 AM

February 21st, 2011 at 9:17 am

Posted by: Dennis Galstian at January 26, 2013 7:50 PM

You made some good points there. I looked on the internet for the topic and found most people will consent with your site.

Posted by: Shad Ewert at June 11, 2013 3:35 AM

Wow!!! Love the depth and reception shots!! Oh, and every thing in concerning! Wonderful.

Posted by: Lucien Seidita at August 30, 2013 10:22 PM

Dude.. I'm not substantially into studying, but somehow I obtained to go through lots of write-up content with the internet web site. Its magnificent how attention-grabbing it seriously is for me to go to you pretty frequently.

Posted by: Meagan Sprung at September 27, 2013 8:28 PM

q5KDI9 Thanks a lot for the blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Keep writing.

Posted by: smashing top seo at October 31, 2013 1:13 AM

ndI0lO Thanks again for the blog post.

Posted by: look at this at January 18, 2014 3:42 AM

Remember personal info?