A knitting odyssey begun.... | Main | Friday dog blogging

Anniversary

January 9, 1982 A boy in Ohio wrote a letter to a kid he hoped would be his pen pal. He wrote a little about himself--how he liked to go to the Cincinnati Nature Center and how he was playing basketball but spent most of his time benchwarming. He licked the envelop and sent that letter off with his dad, who mailed it at work.

January 13, 1982 A girl in North Dakota trudged though the deep afternoon snowfall and arrived home to see a letter on the table. The letter had her name spelled wrong--clearly its writer thought she was a boy. She was temporarily devastated, but wrote back to say that "first of all, I am a girl. Second, I would still like to write to you."

Thus began an 8-year exchange of letters, occasional photos and gifts, and lots of Garfied cartoons.

Over the years, their friendship grew. They shared some of their deepest secrets in the security of the distance. When they eventually met face-to-face, they were not surprised when their friendship grew to romance. They weren't surprised when they eventually got married, traveled around together, and had a wonderful child. Above all, they weren't surprised that when times were tough, they would look back on those letters for strength and encouragement.

Yesterday, we looked back on those first two letters. We thought about how lucky we are to have somehow, through it all, found each other. We thought about how lucky we are to have each other as friends. And, we celebrated.

Posted by chri1010 at January 10, 2007 3:23 PM

Wow, GREAT story! My partner and I also started off via letters (and e-mail), so I can relate 100%. Happy anniversary!

Posted by: Walt at January 19, 2007 3:29 PM

what a sweet story!

Posted by: carolyn at January 31, 2007 3:44 PM

Skype is good but u can connect to more individuals quicker that skyping people today individually and msn is crap

Posted by: Jeni Daso at September 19, 2012 2:12 AM

Hi there, i'd appreciate a coupon if you could get me 1 please..

Posted by: Jackson Fostervold at September 22, 2012 5:49 AM

You are my aspiration , I have few web logs and often run out from to brand.

Posted by: Marty Soula at September 24, 2012 2:43 AM

Hi to all the people. I'm by Greece and i also have a nice new-found internet business. Please Go To my world-wide-web and analyze your thought. You Can See a lof of creative ideas and information for my job. It Is Really f-r-e-e 100% and with no having registrator. Thanks A Ton To each and every which will view my modern websites. It Willaids my work. | pisina | κατασκευή πισίνας |

Posted by: click here at September 26, 2012 2:35 AM

It made our hair stand up in panic fear.

Posted by: RWHP.COM at September 29, 2012 6:33 PM

It's actually unusual, i was on your page just 10 min. before, once the web browser i use Safari was freezing to death and trigged a Crash To Desktop, did you added some new plugins or improved something else which could probably trigger such a behavior? I visit your site pretty often and by no means had this before!

Posted by: Cheating Wife at October 2, 2012 3:40 PM

7. Spread the word about the evil institute called WIPO and make their crimes recognized towards the public in order that they could no for a longer time function beneath secrecy.

Posted by: Marty Lehnhoff at October 4, 2012 7:33 PM

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don't know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

Posted by: website online maken at October 6, 2012 3:14 PM

Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write on my website something like that. Can I include a part of your post to my website?

Posted by: website maken at October 8, 2012 2:03 PM

Very good area, most of the headlines out of the entire world in one location. Which is what precisely I got purchasing a few hours via the web. My business is thankful that we were uncover manuals right.

Posted by: casino at October 10, 2012 6:59 AM

I visited a lot of website but I conceive this one contains something special in it. "There's a difference between a philosophy and a bumper sticker." by Charles M. Schulz.

Posted by: Popo Sex at October 10, 2012 7:45 AM

Wohh exactly what I was looking for, thanks for putting up.

Posted by: web page at October 10, 2012 8:55 PM

Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any support is very much appreciated.

Posted by: pageplus iphone at October 13, 2012 9:19 AM

I have recently started a web site, the info you offer on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." by Ayn Rand.

Posted by: Antone Ano at October 13, 2012 8:15 PM

I've recently started a site, the information you offer on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work. "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." by Ayn Rand.

Posted by: Suggested Picture at October 14, 2012 3:14 AM

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading through your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thanks a ton!

Posted by: Read Even more at October 14, 2012 8:34 AM

I view something truly interesting about your site so I saved to favorites .

Posted by: Scrapebox list at October 15, 2012 1:56 AM

Wow, great blog layout! How prolonged have you been blogging for? you compose blogging look straightforward. The largely glare of your situate is magnificent, allow single-handedly the content!

Posted by: odszkodowania anglia at October 19, 2012 10:34 AM

In these days of austerity and relative stress and anxiety about getting debt, many people balk about the idea of using a credit card to make acquisition of merchandise or pay for any occasion, preferring, instead only to rely on the particular tried as well as trusted way of making payment - raw cash. However, if you have the cash on hand to make the purchase entirely, then, paradoxically, that is the best time to use the cards for several good reasons.

Posted by: programma website bouwen at October 20, 2012 5:16 AM

It is in reality a great and useful piece of info. I¡¦m satisfied that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: hyip register at October 21, 2012 5:26 AM

It won't say they develop planes it claims engines.

Posted by: yahoo.com at October 24, 2012 4:11 AM

Amazing collection of post you have. Will come back later and read all thoroughly :)

Posted by: Hassan Bukhari at October 27, 2012 12:40 AM

Great post, I concur completely and appreciate the time you took to write it, nice!

Posted by: betta-care at October 29, 2012 2:27 AM

Just wanna say that this is invaluable , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

Posted by: Billie Caluya at November 5, 2012 1:26 PM

I actually like this web site a good deal which includes the content material and all round design I'll be back for much more reading later on thanks lots for sharing.

Posted by: Earl Streiff at November 6, 2012 5:46 AM

naturally like your web-site but you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to tell the reality on the other hand I¡¦ll certainly come again again.

Posted by: creating a dynamic website with Negeso cs5 at November 12, 2012 10:27 AM

Jumyo is actually a fantastic strategy in the rapidly "disburising" social media sector . Goodbr/ Do the job men !

Posted by: Papierrollen at November 12, 2012 11:29 PM

What a nice piece of graphic web design we've right here I truly like what you've got been carrying out thanks for sharing

Posted by: Kimberlee Ferencz at November 16, 2012 2:33 PM

Thank you, I've just been searching for info about this subject for a while and yours is the greatest I have came upon so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the supply?

Posted by: registrazione dominio .it at November 18, 2012 5:38 PM

It is in reality a great and useful piece of info. I¡¦m happy that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

Posted by: registrare dominio at November 19, 2012 1:17 AM

Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to exchange strategies with others, please shoot me an email if interested.

Posted by: OFWGKTA at November 24, 2012 3:23 AM

Thank you for helping out, great info. "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. Men will believe what they see." by Henry David Thoreau.

Posted by: Theron Sartoris at November 26, 2012 9:11 AM

If you're such a geek, why are all of your clocks flashing 12:00?

Posted by: Reita Caughran at November 27, 2012 6:37 AM

used transmission for sale - Obtaining The Answers

Posted by: used engine at January 14, 2013 10:51 PM

Very informative blog. Fantastic.

Posted by: social bookmarking submission at January 16, 2013 7:04 PM

Where I come from we don't get enough of this kind of thing. Have to hunt around the globe for such relevant stuff. I congratulate your energy. How do I find your other articles?!

Posted by: facebook proxy at January 21, 2013 11:14 PM

8A4WxH Thanks so much for the blog article.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

Posted by: very good links here at August 8, 2013 2:05 AM

WOW! Awesome and well deserved.

Posted by: Carletta Bacarella at November 5, 2013 8:21 PM

ndj68.pink2.net are actually really cute! Beauty is painful anyway.Their being truly lovable matters!

Posted by: ndj68.pink2.net at April 19, 2014 2:41 AM

I always emailed this blog post page to all my associates, as if like to read it then my
links will too.

Posted by: agent sbobet at June 2, 2014 1:26 AM

You made some really good points there. I looked on the internet for more info about the
issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.

Posted by: how to grow taller at June 25, 2014 9:49 PM

Posted by: how to grow taller at June 25, 2014 9:50 PM

Dwvz1h Right now it looks like Expression Engine is the top blogging platform out there right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

Posted by: linkz crorkz at August 26, 2014 11:14 AM

I am so grateful for your article. Cool.
high authority backlinks

Posted by: sindy fiverr at August 26, 2014 9:20 PM

Remember personal info?