If It's Thursday, It Must Be Seattle | Main | Represent: My donation hat

The Yarn Harlot's A-Comin'!!!

'Tis the eve before the arrival of the Yarn Harlot, and I am soooo not ready! The Yarn Harlot, for all you muggles out there, is only the coolest knitter north of Hibbing. Ok, she lives in Toronto, so that's a bit north and a bit east of here. She's only the coolest knitter on the blogosphere. Enough of the unfettered adoration. But seriously, if there's one thing I have come to appreciate in the last year is knitting humor. She's coming to the Yarnery tomorrow to share her new book, show us the traveling sock, and regale us with stories of knitting, home improvement, and life.

I'm so not ready. I need to do these things first:

Work. Seriously. Gotta prioritize this one because I'm working on a last minute deadline for a report that will be entered in the Congressional Record. I am such a geek to be thrilled about that, but it has made my day.

Buy said book: Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off. I'm tempted to follow Shane Nackerud's motto and just check it out of the library but since it was just released last week, I don't think it's on the shelf yet. And, I don't think the library will be happy when I return it with an autographed tribute to yours truly on the inside cover.

Photograph donation hat. I'm planning to bring a hat for donation--as part of the tour, knitted items are being collected in each location. I made a fun hat for the occasion, but have not yet photographed it. I'll post it here when I do.

Buy chocolate and a beer. Seriously. These are two of the Yarn Harlot's favorite foods. She's feeling the blur of the tour already, so I want to show a little gratitude. If you were only getting one good bottle of beer, what would it be? This, I ponder as I prepare to see the Harlot.

Plan my route to get there early. The event starts at 6pm. I'm planning to get there around 4. What can I say? I'm a bit obssessed. Details of the event to follow soon.

Posted by chri1010 at April 3, 2007 10:48 PM

Extremely Nice ! I think Google should search forward to it. They can opt for the same search and feel for brand pages in order to bring innovation.

Posted by: Rafael Shaull at July 2, 2012 3:08 AM

Some fantastic little ideas there. Man it's hard sometimes to do the backlinks thing. No wonder so many people seek to automate it! But I think a bit of fantastic old elbow grease is the way forward, contacting sites similar or associated to your own and just talking to them. Great things will occur for sure.

Posted by: Grover Roskelley at August 10, 2012 4:03 AM

Many thanks for this. Would be excellent if you could help along with the following.
1) Currently the header title is set to "VIDEO GALLERY". That remains same in the least times. Is there anyway to dynamically change it for the file name on the particular video being played.
2) Rather than use an associated jpeg for each and every video, is there any way to established the item_icon (to the thumbnail) to be the first image (screen shot) from the flv file the icon supposed to represent.
3) Is there any way to add file name towards the thumbnails in addition into the item_icon that appears on screen.
Thanks once once again.

Posted by: Natalie Roehl at August 10, 2012 11:38 AM

Happy birthday Mama Morris.

Posted by: Tanner Metty at February 19, 2013 12:24 AM

I bought these for my birthday and that i like 6624.pink2.net! They can be so adorable and you'll carry them a lot of diverse ways!! We have three one particular and these are typically my beloved to this point :)

Posted by: 6624.pink2.net at April 19, 2014 7:01 AM

Remember personal info?