The Yarn is in the Mail | Main | Is This Yarn Ugly?

Tag! I'm IT!

Kate tagged me for the 7 Random Things meme. I would have posted sooner, but I've been down and out with a little head cold. I'm still not feeling fantastic, but well enough to come up with 7 Random Things About ME:

1. I am an American Idol fan. Yes, it's true. It actually began as a way to get through the long dark MN winter--Tuesdays and Wednesdays became something to look forward to, and when the show is over for the season, it's practically summer. Someone asked me recently if I like the show because I wish I could get up there and sing--is it the performer in me? No, quite honestly, it's the evaluator in me. I really like sitting around with hubby and critiquing the singers. Now it's all over for the season, and I have to wait for next year. As for the performer in me....

2. I harbor a secret desire to be a writer for Saturday Night Live. I am a closeted comedian with a wacky sense of humor. I'd probably be an even better writer for Family Guy, which has to be my favorite show these days. Obviously, I watch a lot of tv. No wonder the disseration isn't done.

3. I don't much care for tofu. I'm not sure why exactly, and it's something I've been working on trying to like, but it's really not something that appeals to me.

4. I love daisies. I always have--I think I'm just too practical, and I like flowers that last. I think they're beautiful flowers and I'm hoping to plant some in my garden this year.

5. I once won an award for a jazz saxophone solo. In fact, in my earlier days, I was quite into jazz saxophone. Maybe when the dissertation's done, I'll take it up again. The best part about the award, though, was it was for improvisation; yet, I was reading the notes straight off the page! My director wasn't much into improv, so I didn't get much training in that area, even though I wanted to.

6. I didn't know how much I'd like being a mama. In fact, if I'd known this fact sooner, I'd probably have more kids. I'm just glad I've gotten the chance to learn this fact about myself.

7. Until this year, the furthest east in the US I'd ever been was Tennessee! I have truly been a west-river (west of the Mississippi River) girl. In the last 6 months, I have been to DC and Baltimore, but I have never been to New York or New England. On the other hand, I've been to all of the west river states except Arkansas, Texas, Alaska, and Hawai'i. Not bad, eh?

As for the "tag, you're it" part--I'm taking the easy way out. If you're reading this, well then--tag! You're it!

Posted by chri1010 at May 24, 2007 1:38 PM

Hey Adriana.......how do you obtain a hear cut?

Posted by: Eddy Doughton at August 10, 2012 4:56 AM

How depressed people had made their life worthy without having losing their own mind by creating lovely webpage to share their lovely pain either in general public icon.They have to be respected who have no more computer skill but anything face book made simpler to use & access.It is not just about privacy or addiction but it really is about the sources & information it can hold u will need to not be forced to shut down.

Posted by: Waldo Paskow at August 10, 2012 7:24 AM

OMG just excellent... especially the initial picture is all set for each magazine... EDITORIAL STYLE... Appreciate IT!

Posted by: Marianna Barsalou at February 19, 2013 3:14 AM

Remember personal info?