April 2009 | Main | June 2009

I'm apparently spending too much time on Facebook

Is your cat plotting to kill you?

Posted by chri1010 at 10:12 PM | Comments (1435)

They grow up so fast!

My mother says we're rushing her, feeding her rice cereal.
DSC00991.JPG
What she doesn't realize is that we couldn't take it anymore: the stares while we eat, the smacking of lips, the grabbing the spoon right from our hands.
DSC00995.JPG
I think she still thinks we're getting something better than she is (it's true. rice cereal isn't that great, is it?)
DSC00998.JPG
But make no mistake about who is in charge. It's not us.

Posted by chri1010 at 7:04 AM | Comments (781)

Not an obligatory Mother's Day post

A year ago today exactly, I found out I was pregnant. On a lark, I decided if the nausea I was feeling was something more than a cold, and took a pregnancy test right after midnight on Mother's Day. Two faint pink lines. Now, a year later, I am the mother of two lovely children. Can life get any better?

Recently, my mother told me that she never really thought I'd be a good mother, but I've really surprised her on that one. If you're offended on my behalf, don't be. It was probably one of the nicest things she's ever said to me. And, to be honest, I've surprised myself. Having children wasn't really on my list of things to do in life. When we had our first, I was doing it because C wanted kids, and I figured it wasn't a bad idea. But, being a mom is a role I've really found myself comfortable with, and I'm sure glad I have two kids. It's twice as much love!

Posted by chri1010 at 10:37 PM | Comments (512)