September 2009 | Main | November 2009

A little of this, a little of that. Complete with lots of eye candy!

Sometimes I think I've really adjusted to life here in Minnesota, and then fall comes along and smacks me in the head. It's raining here today, and it's cool and very cloudy. Just like winter in Portland. It's hard to believe it's October and not January. At least I've finally learned that October is the month to wear sweaters. By January, the heat is on everywhere you go, and a coat and scarf and gloves AND a sweater just make for a little too much warmth. October is a good time to wear sweaters.

DSC01656.JPG

Recently, I learned that there is such a thing as a pain clinic. It's a place to go if you're having chronic pain, like C is, or if you've recently had a surgery and are having difficulty with pain. C went to the pain clinic and found out there are a lot more things to try. So far they seem to be working pretty well, so we'll see how things go. It seems to be getting a little easier anyway.

DSC01652.JPG

Today is picture day at J's school, and this year we actually remembered! Last year, somehow we didn't know it was picture day, and we sent him to school in his uniform. Picture day is a rare opportunity to go to school out of uniform, so it was a disappointment we forgot, although he still took an excellent picture. This year, J and I ran out last night and bought a sweater for him to wear. He picked a nice brown sweater with a light blue and tan argyle pattern. He was so pleased with his choice he wore it home. I'll try to post a picture of him sometime soon, as he looks very grown up in his new sweater. It was really fun to go shopping with him. Since he does wear uniforms, we don't often have many choices when it comes to clothes. And, I have a terrific friend who gives us lots of hand me downs in excellent condition, so his non-school clothes often come from her. It's pretty rare when we need to buy something, so I think that made it an extra special treat. It was nice to just be out, the two of us. I liked seeing what he likes and what he doesn't like in clothes. I think this year's picture is going to be super nice.

I have been away from knitting for awhile, and in some ways, it's been making me stir crazy. I have been doing some embroidered dish towels for a wedding gift for my nephew. They are turning out super cute, and now I've really got the bug for embroidery but I wish I had more time to do all the crafting I want to. Just gotta get that dissertation done. And then........

DSC01655.JPG

I'll probably still be chasing after baby S!!!

Posted by chri1010 at 1:01 PM | Comments (696)