« A $9 Million Apology | Main | Hanson Heads Home »

Towel Found in Woman's Lung

The family of Bonnie Valle in Ohio settled on a lawsuit after she died seven years after a surgery from complications caused by a towel left inside her chest. The Star Tribune reports that Valle underwent surgery for emphysema in 1995, and donated her body for studies. The Northeastern Ohio University's College of Medicine discovered a cloth the size of a hand towel in her left lung.

The New York Times reports the same story including much of the same information. Both online papers introduce the story with the appropriate leads including the Bonnie Valle's family suing for discovering a towel in her body after a surgery.

The clinics are denying that her death was caused by the towel in her lung because she lived for seven years with it there. The Star Tribune and the New York Times both briefly report this story, however, there is no information provided about the lawsuit itself.