Welcome to the WHCNP Blog!

Awhile ago I promised to develop a way for the University of Minnesota School of Nursing WHCNP graduates to keep in touch. So, here's a start.

Hopefully, this blog will provide a way for all of us to keep in touch and share information about ourselves, our work, conferences, research, clinical pearls--and anything else of interest to the group.

This is a very basic beginning--we will learn as we go---

News from the WHCNP program

We are growing! Planned Parenhood of Minnesota & South Dakota accepted their final class of WHCNP certificate students in Fall, 2004. I have been working closely with the faculty and administrators of the PP program as they transition from being an independant educational program to supporting our program. This change is providing an expanded pool of applicants and will open up many leanrning opportunities for our students. I think that this is a win-win situation for us and for PP.

Our online educational offerings in the School of Nursing are growing and improving. Last year we received additional federal funding to enhance our current offerings and to add two new areas of study that will be offered fully onling. These are the areas of Health Care System and Nursing Management and Administration and the Psychiatric-Mental Health CNS. Every year, applications from distance students increase!

Connie Delaney is our new Dean
In September, 2005, Connie Delaney became our Dean. She comes to us from the University of Iowa and has done extensive work in the area of Nursing Informatics. With that background, of course she is excited about expanding and improving our on-line programs.

NCC Certification Exam

You will be happy to know that we continue to have a stellar pass-rate record on the the NNC Certification Exam.

On a Personal Note
I'm thrilled that my 4 grandchildren live within 10 miles of my house. I see them often, several times a week, and we have so much fun together. Grandma's house is a favorite gathering spot. And, of course, it goes without saying that they are the cutest and smartest children in the world!

E-mail addresses

Please let me know if you prefer that I use another email address to contact you or if you prefer not to be on our mailing list.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happpy Blogging.

Posted by at 10:34 AM