This past year many of you cheered and volunteered to support CLA and its students. Thank you! The CLA Alumni Society wants to thank you and to let everyone know about a new way to connect to other CLA alums and students: we've launched a LinkedIn group.
Letter from CLA Alumni Society President Andy Trecker
Dear fellow CLA alumni,
As the 2009-2010 school year draws to a close, I want to extend my deepest gratitude to you who have stayed informed, shared your pride, and given your time or treasure to advance the efforts of the College of Liberal Arts. Thank you for being valuable ambassadors for CLA, the University of Minnesota, and the U of M Alumni Association.
The CLA Alumni Society enjoyed partnering with you to engage alumni and students in the success of our alma mater. This past year, the CLA Alumni Society sponsored social and campus cultural events such as:
- CLA's many activities during the U's "Ultimate Homecoming Week"
- our annual CLA Dean's List Reception and School of Music Concert;
- assisting CLA students in obtaining career development opportunities like major-related career exploration alumni panel events and workplace visits to area employers such as Target Corporation, the City of St. Paul Department of Safety and Inspection, and Northstar Resource Group (Financial Advisors);
- sponsoring the stipends for CLA students to help produce the Access Minnesota weekly radio program airing on nearly 40 stations across the state that often features CLA and University experts who explore topics relevant to Minnesotans; and
- participating in CLA's annual calling outreach to help the college welcome admitted students to the 2010 fall freshman class
We look forward to expanding our reach to more alumni volunteers and students again in 2010-2011. For example, in this issue of CLA Alma Matters, learn how you can help us build a new LinkedIn group for CLA alumni and students. Also, stay tuned for alumni engagement events later this summer and during the University's Homecoming Week this fall.
It's all possible because of enthusiastic and loyal Gophers like you!
President, CLA Alumni Society
B.A., Political Science - 1991