Winner of the Peoples' Choice and Dean's Choice awards at the 2012 Chili Cookoff
From the Tim Kniseley household
1 pound lean ground chicken
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups low sodium chicken (or vegetable) stock/broth
1/2 jar jalapeno peppers or as desired
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper (or as desired)
1 can white cannellini beans
1 can red/navy/kidney beans
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-cook the chicken breast, chop up.
2. Brown the ground chicken in olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper in large pot.
3. Add chicken broth and rest of ingredients except tomatoes. Simmer for minimum 30 minutes.
4. Add fresh tomato pieces 5-10 minutes before eating.
5. Add extra kick if desired. Garnish with jalapeno, sour cream, cheese, or whatever. Enjoy.