June 22, 2008 - June 28, 2008 Archives
The deadline for summer 2008 IRIS entry is August 18th.
We have scheduled IRIS entry training for all new staff, staff new to IRIS, and anyone else who would like to learn more about the system. The session is open to anyone interested in learning more about the Instructional Resource Information System (IRIS). The training is scheduled for July 18th from 9:00-10:30 in Room 202 Johnston Hall. Please RSVP to Pandora Aaron (firstname.lastname@example.org, 4-9370).
With the implementation of the PeopleSoft Financial System July 1, 2008, closing Fiscal Year 2008 procedures will be different from previous years. The most significant change to be aware of is deadlines and cut-off dates for document processing are much earlier than usual. Below are some highlights from the year-end closing schedule to make note of:
- Thursday, June 26
- Last ECAR sweep for FY2008 - ECARs must be in posting status by 10:00 a.m.
- Last day to process Historical Salary Adjustments (HSA) for FY 2008. Note: HSAs cannot be processed in period 13
- Last day to process Employee Expense and Travel and Payment Vouchers (that do not reference a purchase order) in FY 2008. Must be in approved status by end of day.
- Tuesday, July 1
- IVs, IXs and JVs must be in y 2:00 p.m. Accounting services approval needed. Otherwise must be in approved status by 6:00 p.m.
- Period 12 closes.
- GO-LIVE for the new PeopleSoft Financial System
- Wednesday, July 2
- CUFS OPEN for period 13 - Note: only correcting and closing entries (IXs and JVs) allowed in period 13 - NO HSAs and NO ISO transactions allowed
- Thursday, July 3
- Period 12 data available in Financial Reports on the web at http://financial.reports.umn.edu// , UM Reports or in the Data Warehouse
- Saturday, July 26
- Period 13 close
Enterprise fee transfers will be done in period 13 as soon as possible after period 12 close. A transfer will be made from the college to the department/unit's 1000 (or main) account, to cover Enterprise fees charged to all O&M and ICR accounts. Departments should re-distribute this transfer to cover the enterprise fee on all their O&M or ICR accounts including instructional accounts (xxx-1506 and xxx-1504). Departments are responsible for Enterprise fees charged to any other accounts that are not O&M or ICR.
Final supplemental and summer session instructional transfers will be done in period 12.
More detailed information about the closing process can be found on the FSS web http://www.fss.umn.edu/FYE/
It is critical that you audit the PeopleSoft entries made by staff in the CLA Payroll Office once the entry worksheets have been returned. Let us know immediately if you find an error so that it can be corrected as soon as possible. Items To Check In PeopleSoft:
- Make sure the pay rate is correct
- Is the percentage of time correct?
- Make sure the appointment dates are correct
- Is the action/reason code(s) correct?
- Make sure the Suspension, Termination or Short Work Break rows are not missing (missing end rows can result in OVERPAYMENTS)
Also, we recently updated the list of required documents for NEW CLA HIRES. This updated list can be found on the CLA Fiscal Administration website at:
REMEMBER: Auditing the PeopleSoft appointments we enter for you is a crucial part of the payroll auditing process. It is the final step in making sure your employees receive the correct pay on the correct pay day.
Carlson School of Management Leadership Series:
Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Doug Lennick, Lennick Aberman Group
- Judy Skoglund, Lennick Aberman Group
FREE TO ALL EMPLOYEES
Date: July 11, 2008
Time: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Room: 1-114 CSOM
Date: July 25, 2008
Time: 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Where: 1-114 CSOM
Please RSVP to Jessica Tafalla at: email@example.com
Organizational Effectiveness Training
We have a few spaces available for our summer courses in personal, professional, and career development. These courses are offered free of charge through the Organizational Effectiveness unit of Human Resources. Take some time this summer to refresh your work life by exploring your career and gaining new skills!
Employee Career Services
Career courses this summer focus on gaining career resilience in times of change, thinking about your career future, and networking. In addition, this summer we are featuring three lunch bag sessions in our Career Snacks series - bring your lunch and join us to learn more about conflict fluency, finding your strengths, and tips for phone interviews.
To register: http://www.umn.edu/ohr/careerdev/courses/
Personal & Professional Development
New courses this summer include a two-part series on Process Mapping and a session on Goal Setting and Success. In addition, you can gain skills in time management, making presentations, or dealing with difficult people. These courses offer an opportunity to enhance work and personal skills and discuss key issues with other University staff.
To register: http://www.umn.edu/ohr/profdev/courses/
CLA Payroll cutoff for the 06/23/2008 - 07/06/2008 pay period, 4:30 pm
CLA Payroll cutoff for the 07/07/2008 - 07/20/2008 pay period, 4:30 pm
IRIS Entry Training and Summer 2008 Entry Deadline