Fall Semester 2008 appointment worksheets are due in the CLA Payroll Office in 209 Johnston Hall by 4:30 pm on Friday, August 1, 2008.
• Overload Teaching: All overload teaching must be approved by Assistant Dean Nanette Hanks. Send requests to email@example.com. We will not be able to process overload appointments without this approval. Attach the written approval to the worksheet you send to the CLA Payroll Office. Overload payments will be capped at a flat rate of $1,585 per credit. For additional information go to the CLA Instructional Funding website at http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/fiscal/funding.html and click on Overload Teaching Requests.
• WORK STUDY: Please remember to ask under-graduate student employees if they have work study funds for Fall and/or Spring 2008-09. Check the Quick-Hire forms that are returned to your department from the Job Center to determine if the students you are hiring have been awarded work study. If your student employees are receiving work study funding, fill in the Work Study section on the entry worksheet.
• Make sure you use the new CLA HRMS Entry Worksheet which can be found at http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/fiscal/payroll.html. Click on CLA Payroll Documents and Forms.
• Include a POSITION NUMBER on the entry worksheets you send to the CLA Payroll Office.
• Make sure you use the appropriate job code number for graduate students (9511 vs 9519, 9515 vs 9517 or 9521 vs 9529, etc.)
• 9561 and 9562 APPOINTMENTS: If the funding source for these appointments is paying for Graduate Insurance coverage, check the Grad/Prof box in the Employee Class section of the worksheet. If the funding source will not pay for Graduate Insurance coverage, check the Student Insurance Eligible Box (NOT the Grad/Prof Box) in the Employee Class section of the worksheet.
• Required documentation for NEW CLA Hires can be found on the CLA Fiscal Administration website at http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/fiscal/payroll.html. Make sure all the necessary forms and documents for new hires are attached to the worksheet BEFORE you sent it to the CLA Payroll Office. We cannot process appointments until we have ALL the necessary documentation.
• Audit the appointment entries we do AFTER the worksheet is returned. REMEMBER: Auditing the People Soft appointments we enter for your department(s) is a crucial part of the payroll auditing process. It is the final step in making sure your employees receive the correct pay on the correct pay day.