July 27, 2008 - August 2, 2008 Archives
Purchase Orders created in the new EFS are to be "received" by the Department. Departments are encouraged to use the P-Card whenever possible.
New vendors need to be set up by the departments.
Purchase Orders "converted" from CUFS can only be "received" by the Procurement Specialist, Paul Escen. In order for Paul to receive these orders, he needs the following information about the items ordered:
- Dollar Amount
Please communicate this to him via fax, email, or campus mail. You may include a copy of the invoice, but it is not required.
Paul's Contact Information:
209 Johnston Hall
Fax number 624-6839.
Is the new EFS driving you "crazy" or perhaps you think it's "the next best thing to sliced bread"? Have you learned something new about the system that you know would be helpful to others? However you answer this, your fellow colleagues want to hear from you and begin to think about the possibility of forming an EFS users group.
lunch meeting will be held on Tuesday, August 5th from 11:30 - 1:30 for
department EFS users. We have sent out invitations to those that have
been identified as a CLA department EFS users, but we wanted to
announce the meeting in CLA NOW in case we
have missed anyone. Please join us at this meeting if use of EFS is an
integral aspect of your job. (i.e. process travel and expense
reimbursement, requisitions, ECAR, receiving, Foundation deposits,
The goals of this meeting are to:
- Thank you for your hard work at the end of this first month of EFS
- Provide you with an opportunity to meet your colleagues
throughout the college
- Provide you with information about how you might choose to
create an ongoing network of users in order to share best
practices and access resources that can help through this
We ask you RSVP by THURSDAY, July 31th, if you would like to attend this session. Please RSVP to Colleen Hennen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Semester 2008 appointment worksheets are due in the CLA Payroll Office in 209 Johnston Hall by 4:30 pm on Friday, August 1, 2008.
- Overload Teaching: All overload teaching must be approved by Assistant Dean Nanette Hanks. Send requests to email@example.com. We will not be able to process overload appointments without this approval. Attach the written approval to the worksheet you send to the CLA Payroll Office. Overload payments will be capped at a flat rate of $1,585 per credit. For additional information go to the CLA Instructional Funding website at http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/fiscal/funding.html and click on Overload Teaching Requests.
- WORK STUDY: Please remember to ask under-graduate student employees if they have work study funds for Fall and/or Spring 2008-09. Check the Quick-Hire forms that are returned to your department from the Job Center to determine if the students you are hiring have been awarded work study. If your student employees are receiving work study funding, fill in the Work Study section on the entry worksheet.
- Make sure you use the new CLA HRMS Entry Worksheet which can be found at http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/fiscal/payroll.html. Click on CLA Payroll Documents and Forms.
- Include a POSITION NUMBER on the entry worksheets you send to the CLA Payroll Office.
- Make sure you use the appropriate job code number for graduate students (9511 vs 9519, 9515 vs 9517 or 9521 vs 9529, etc.)
- 9561 and 9562 APPOINTMENTS: If the funding source for these appointments is paying for Graduate Insurance coverage, check the Grad/Prof box in the Employee Class section of the worksheet. If the funding source will not pay for Graduate Insurance coverage, check the Student Insurance Eligible Box (NOT the Grad/Prof Box) in the Employee Class section of the worksheet.
- Required documentation for NEW CLA Hires can be found on the CLA Fiscal Administration website at http://cla.umn.edu/intranet/fiscal/payroll.html. Make sure all the necessary forms and documents for new hires are attached to the worksheet BEFORE you sent it to the CLA Payroll Office. We cannot process appointments until we have ALL the necessary documentation.
Audit the appointment entries we do AFTER the worksheet is returned. REMEMBER: Auditing the People Soft appointments we enter for your department(s) is a crucial part of the payroll auditing process. It is the final step in making sure your employees receive the correct pay on the correct pay day.
Examples of appropriate rationale statements include: "Authorized regular faculty search - Eisenhower retirement; search authorization letter of 10 July 2008; or "Replacement Position - Nixon resignation; authorized by email from CLA HR on 10 July 2008." The new form is effective immediately.
Fall Semester 2008 appointment worksheets are due, 4:30 pm, Payroll Office, 209 Johnston
CLA Payroll cutoff for the 08/04/2008 - 08/17/2008 pay period, 4:30 pm
IRIS Summer 2008 Entry Deadline